It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 4:56 pm

Reply to topic  [ 11 posts ] 
 Fishing in the keys for a timber hunt 
MMT Member

Post Fishing in the keys for a timber hunt
I live in the keys and fish both back country and offshore. I am going to be in Montana until early november and wanted to hunt my way back down over two weeks or so and the flooded timber in Arkansas or similar is VERY high on the list. I will have my pup with me (she will be 10 months by then, at the trainer now) so she wont be polished but should be able to hunt.

Let me know whatcha got and what you'd want to catch.

Sun Jul 10, 2016 9:04 pm
MMT Addict

Post Re: Fishing in the keys for a timber hunt
Luke.... you hunt Okeechobee?

I met a father and son from the keys at Indian Prarie a couple years ago. They have an Inn down in Key West I think.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Thu Aug 04, 2016 3:41 pm
MMT Elite Member

Let me give you a bit of advice. Your 10 month old dog does not need to be in the arkansas timber when 30 mallards are breaking tree tops and guns start rolling. Way too much excitement for a young dog, and you can really develop bad breaking habits that are gonna be really tough to get rid of. In my opinion, only seasoned dogs need to be hunted in the woods. Having said that, shoot me a pm closer to season. If you are heading down and I'm out there I'll be glad for you to tag along.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

I've never gone to Seminole for the amenities/luxury the two reasons I go down there are to kill shit and get fucked up with like minded individuals aka OG'S. If you want to swirl wine and stay in a room where politics and investment diversity are discussed (with no roaches) lake lanier is near Atlanta. If you wanna have an awesome time and maybe stay in a room where children were conceived on one side and someone got stabbed over an 8-ball on the other come on down I got a can of raid. :D

Thu Aug 04, 2016 4:22 pm
MMT Elite Member

Thu Aug 04, 2016 6:05 pm
MMT Member

mizzippi jb

Thanks, I will be in touch. I will be hunting the puppy in Mt. in some easier conditions, if she is doing well there we will see. If not, I dont mind leaving her behind for a day.

ibfishinb

I do. Wasnt me though. I am in Islamorada.

Sun Aug 07, 2016 2:23 pm
MMT Pro Member

Luke, you are welcome to go along with me if I'm over there. Keep us posted on the days you'll be hitting AR. While you're there, you should also do a guided speck/snow hunt. That's a lot of fun.

Sun Aug 07, 2016 7:27 pm
MMT Addict

Mon Aug 08, 2016 6:17 pm
MMT 1000 Club

How about I just pay you for a couple days in islamorada? I can put you on ducks in the woods, but have limited time to hunt this year.

Well they call me king turd up here on shit mountain, but if you want it you can have the crown.

Mon Aug 08, 2016 10:21 pm
MMT 1000 Club

Well they call me king turd up here on shit mountain, but if you want it you can have the crown.

Mon Aug 08, 2016 10:22 pm
MMT Pro Member

Tue Aug 09, 2016 9:01 am
MMT Member

I dont really know what areas are better/different than others. I have been hunting mostly big rivers/side sloughs in big lakes here in montana. Its amazing but I'd like to get in some timber for sure. I'll start sending pm's out as soon as I know dates a bit better.

bt, I dont guide full time anymore. Just repeat clients. But I do rent out my apartment under the house and a lot of my good friends are some of the best guides in the area!

Edit: The dog has been doing amazing as well. But I agree, not ready for a timber hunt with 6-8 guns going off and birds dropping in everywhere.

Thu Oct 20, 2016 11:58 am
Reply to topic   [ 11 posts ]