It is currently Fri May 24, 2024 2:52 am

Reply to topic  [ 3 posts ] 
 1436 Flatbottom with 13Beavertail 
MMT Pro Member

Post 1436 Flatbottom with 13Beavertail
It gets me where im going but not easy. I looked on the LT forum and noticed some folks were getting 14-16mph out of theirs..my max speed has been 12mph with wind in my favor. However with the max being 12, with a load ive gps'd the boat at 10.1

I also cant run as shallow as I thought, I think the motor is too much for my little boat. The rear sags up to the crimp line with just the motor. I need any where between 9inches to a foot of water to run depending on the bottom. Also when I get in the nasty crap and start grinding with the motor my transom starts bowing...what are some thoughts of how to reinforce it?

I know im not going to get a speed demon or monster mudder, but is there anything I can do to improve my boats performance til I can afford a more capable one?

Wed Apr 15, 2009 8:55 am
MMT Member

Post Re: 1436 Flatbottom with 13Beavertail
I had a 1436 with a 13hp longtail and I personally thought it wasn't stable enough. I upgraded to a 1440 and it handled the weight fine, and rocked side to side much less. My longtail weighed 120lbs, I weigh 230, and had a 60lb battery all in the back of the boat. It was still no speed demon, I got 12-15 tops and much less with a load, but if the boat didn't beach on the bottom hard, ankle deep water or less, I could go right on through. You might be able to pick up a different boat to use with your motor, otherwise I would put as much weight to the front of the boat as possible and try to only have the motor and yourself in the back. I just sold it, but there is a picture in the classifeds if you want to see the boat. Hope that helps.

Thu Apr 16, 2009 1:12 pm
MMT Pro Member

Post Re: 1436 Flatbottom with 13Beavertail
i'm runnin a 14/36 riveted hull with a 20 gdlt, runs like a scalded ape. i get 18 to 20 runnin solo with huntin gear. 15 to 18 with me and my buddy and gear. stability wise, got to be cautious when turning at an idle so i dont swamp the boat but other than that, i have no complaints. runnin over a super soft bottom i can run and start with no water and be fine, anything under 8" over semi soft or hard bottom i better not stop or i'll be walking the rig to deeper water. i've been real happy with the boat/motor combination.

Fri Apr 17, 2009 6:26 pm
Reply to topic   [ 3 posts ]