It is currently Wed Oct 17, 2018 7:31 am




Reply to topic  [ 19 posts ] 
 Prodigy 1851 MB HDR 37EFI 
Author Message
MMT Member

Joined: Wed Feb 17, 2016 12:26 pm
Posts: 8
Post Prodigy 1851 MB HDR 37EFI
MM Brand:Mud Buddy
Horsepower:37 EFI
Boat Brand:Prodigy
Boat Size:1851
Boat Layout:hunt deck, 2 half boxes,rear catwalk bench, 10" catwalks with bent trays, extended front deck, permanent gas tank, V-rake, 21" sides, 3/16" bottom

Speeds | Shallow Water: 24.5-25 (3 person load) 29-29.5 (me and the dog)
Speeds | Deep Water:23-23.5 steady (3 person load) 29 steady (me and dog)
Total Boat Load With Gear Etc:8 gallons of gas, 1 battery, 3 people (500lbs), 65lbs dog, small cooler
Conditions Tested In: mostly 2-2.5 ft deep with a few deep runs, calm w/ no chop

Comments:Love the boat and the motor. Motor is stock with 2 blade prop. Had zero issues getting on plane with 3 people and a dog. Motor only has 6 hours on it so still in break in period for the most part. Was very impressed with a 3 person load at 25mph. Boat handles well all things considered. Its a big flat bottom boat so still has some slide to it in a big curve at full throttle but weaves in and out of trees beautifully. Overall, very pleased with the rig! Can't wait to chase some green in it.


You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.


Mon Oct 16, 2017 6:28 am
Profile
Online
MMT Sponsor

Joined: Fri Jan 10, 2014 1:16 pm
Posts: 1753
Location: Gladewater TX
Post Re: Prodigy 1851 MB HDR 37EFI
Purdy boat! I like the front end on it.


Mon Oct 16, 2017 10:12 pm
Profile
MMT Member

Joined: Mon May 28, 2018 4:17 pm
Posts: 20
Post Re: Prodigy 1851 MB HDR 37EFI
Good lookin rig!


Tue May 29, 2018 1:15 pm
Profile
MMT F.E.

Joined: Wed Feb 10, 2010 3:28 pm
Posts: 988
Location: Avoyelles Parish
Post Re: Prodigy 1851 MB HDR 37EFI
Looking good. Nice layout!

_________________
18X44 Geaux Custon Powered By MB 4500 BD


Wed May 30, 2018 10:10 am
Profile
MMT Pro Member
User avatar

Joined: Sat Jan 14, 2012 8:58 pm
Posts: 344
Location: Okeechobee - Florida
Post Re: Prodigy 1851 MB HDR 37EFI
Ducaholic wrote:
Looking good. Nice layout!


X2 nice rig


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

_________________
Proud to have served;
USMC
90-94
I earned it
VFW - Life Member

REPORT STOLEN VALOR !!

http://www.stolenvalor.com


Fri Jun 08, 2018 5:28 pm
Profile
MMT Member
User avatar

Joined: Sat Jun 09, 2018 9:36 am
Posts: 41
Location: Texas
Post Re: Prodigy 1851 MB HDR 37EFI
bottomlandassassin wrote:
MM Brand:Mud Buddy
Horsepower:37 EFI
Boat Brand:Prodigy
Boat Size:1851
Boat Layout:hunt deck, 2 half boxes,rear catwalk bench, 10" catwalks with bent trays, extended front deck, permanent gas tank, V-rake, 21" sides, 3/16" bottom

Speeds | Shallow Water: 24.5-25 (3 person load) 29-29.5 (me and the dog)
Speeds | Deep Water:23-23.5 steady (3 person load) 29 steady (me and dog)
Total Boat Load With Gear Etc:8 gallons of gas, 1 battery, 3 people (500lbs), 65lbs dog, small cooler
Conditions Tested In: mostly 2-2.5 ft deep with a few deep runs, calm w/ no chop

Comments:Love the boat and the motor. Motor is stock with 2 blade prop. Had zero issues getting on plane with 3 people and a dog. Motor only has 6 hours on it so still in break in period for the most part. Was very impressed with a 3 person load at 25mph. Boat handles well all things considered. Its a big flat bottom boat so still has some slide to it in a big curve at full throttle but weaves in and out of trees beautifully. Overall, very pleased with the rig! Can't wait to chase some green in it.

Wish I knew how I'm not getting those speeds. The same boat except mine is 1854 with gator glide and new 40 hdr and only just touching barely 28. And that's after I threw on a big blade worked 11p, stock big blade was getting 26-27. Already getting head and tune put on it.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

_________________

1854 Prodigy Elite-Mud Buddy 40 hdr


Wed Jul 25, 2018 12:28 pm
Profile
MMT Pro Member

Joined: Sun May 22, 2016 10:32 am
Posts: 305
Location: Middle ga
Post Re: Prodigy 1851 MB HDR 37EFI
jz_meinert wrote:
bottomlandassassin wrote:
MM Brand:Mud Buddy
Horsepower:37 EFI
Boat Brand:Prodigy
Boat Size:1851
Boat Layout:hunt deck, 2 half boxes,rear catwalk bench, 10" catwalks with bent trays, extended front deck, permanent gas tank, V-rake, 21" sides, 3/16" bottom

Speeds | Shallow Water: 24.5-25 (3 person load) 29-29.5 (me and the dog)
Speeds | Deep Water:23-23.5 steady (3 person load) 29 steady (me and dog)
Total Boat Load With Gear Etc:8 gallons of gas, 1 battery, 3 people (500lbs), 65lbs dog, small cooler
Conditions Tested In: mostly 2-2.5 ft deep with a few deep runs, calm w/ no chop

Comments:Love the boat and the motor. Motor is stock with 2 blade prop. Had zero issues getting on plane with 3 people and a dog. Motor only has 6 hours on it so still in break in period for the most part. Was very impressed with a 3 person load at 25mph. Boat handles well all things considered. Its a big flat bottom boat so still has some slide to it in a big curve at full throttle but weaves in and out of trees beautifully. Overall, very pleased with the rig! Can't wait to chase some green in it.

Wish I knew how I'm not getting those speeds. The same boat except mine is 1854 with gator glide and new 40 hdr and only just touching barely 28. And that's after I threw on a big blade worked 11p, stock big blade was getting 26-27. Already getting head and tune put on it.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk



I have the same size prodigy without the catwalks and I can run similar speeds with a stock 37hdr. Your heads must be shit if you can’t barely touch 28. I’m about to put a stage 2 kit on it so I can haul a bigger load this season.


Wed Jul 25, 2018 4:20 pm
Profile
Online
MMT Pro Member

Joined: Sat Sep 30, 2017 7:10 pm
Posts: 470
Location: Raceland, Louisiana
Post Re: Prodigy 1851 MB HDR 37EFI
Very nice boat bro, I like it a lot!

_________________
1971 Ouchita 1440 riveted with custom 23hp go devil LT
18x48 custom duck skiff with 40 hp GTR XD with some extras (voodoo, k&n intake, baggy worked merc prop, gatorglide G2)


Wed Jul 25, 2018 6:18 pm
Profile
MMT Member
User avatar

Joined: Sat Jun 09, 2018 9:36 am
Posts: 41
Location: Texas
Post Re: Prodigy 1851 MB HDR 37EFI
Roostertail3 wrote:
jz_meinert wrote:
bottomlandassassin wrote:
MM Brand:Mud Buddy
Horsepower:37 EFI
Boat Brand:Prodigy
Boat Size:1851
Boat Layout:hunt deck, 2 half boxes,rear catwalk bench, 10" catwalks with bent trays, extended front deck, permanent gas tank, V-rake, 21" sides, 3/16" bottom

Speeds | Shallow Water: 24.5-25 (3 person load) 29-29.5 (me and the dog)
Speeds | Deep Water:23-23.5 steady (3 person load) 29 steady (me and dog)
Total Boat Load With Gear Etc:8 gallons of gas, 1 battery, 3 people (500lbs), 65lbs dog, small cooler
Conditions Tested In: mostly 2-2.5 ft deep with a few deep runs, calm w/ no chop

Comments:Love the boat and the motor. Motor is stock with 2 blade prop. Had zero issues getting on plane with 3 people and a dog. Motor only has 6 hours on it so still in break in period for the most part. Was very impressed with a 3 person load at 25mph. Boat handles well all things considered. Its a big flat bottom boat so still has some slide to it in a big curve at full throttle but weaves in and out of trees beautifully. Overall, very pleased with the rig! Can't wait to chase some green in it.

Wish I knew how I'm not getting those speeds. The same boat except mine is 1854 with gator glide and new 40 hdr and only just touching barely 28. And that's after I threw on a big blade worked 11p, stock big blade was getting 26-27. Already getting head and tune put on it.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk



I have the same size prodigy without the catwalks and I can run similar speeds with a stock 37hdr. Your heads must be shit if you can’t barely touch 28. I’m about to put a stage 2 kit on it so I can haul a bigger load this season.

Brand new 10 hrs on it. I dunno, it's getting stage 2 next week with new heads


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

_________________

1854 Prodigy Elite-Mud Buddy 40 hdr


Wed Jul 25, 2018 9:03 pm
Profile
MMT Member
User avatar

Joined: Sat Jun 09, 2018 9:36 am
Posts: 41
Location: Texas
Post Re: Prodigy 1851 MB HDR 37EFI
Aaaand just found out my 40 isn't a 40! Its a 37 with 40 stickers on it! Probably why I'm getting piss poor performance. Fml just dropped it off to get heads and tune when we looked at numbers stamped under oil cap. They're 61E (37) instead of 61G (40) good thing we found out before tearing into it.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

_________________

1854 Prodigy Elite-Mud Buddy 40 hdr


Sat Jul 28, 2018 10:20 am
Profile
MMT Pro Member

Joined: Sun May 22, 2016 10:32 am
Posts: 305
Location: Middle ga
Post Re: Prodigy 1851 MB HDR 37EFI
I would be getting some money back. Isn’t the 40 a little more than the 37? Who’s doing your mods? I’m ordering mine when I get back from vacation in two weeks.


Sat Jul 28, 2018 10:32 am
Profile
MMT Member
User avatar

Joined: Sat Jun 09, 2018 9:36 am
Posts: 41
Location: Texas
Post Re: Prodigy 1851 MB HDR 37EFI
Roostertail3 wrote:
I would be getting some money back. Isn’t the 40 a little more than the 37? Who’s doing your mods? I’m ordering mine when I get back from vacation in two weeks.

Was getting wc custom boats to before we found out that it's not the 40


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

_________________

1854 Prodigy Elite-Mud Buddy 40 hdr


Sat Jul 28, 2018 10:37 am
Profile
MMT Member
User avatar

Joined: Sat Jun 09, 2018 9:36 am
Posts: 41
Location: Texas
Post Re: Prodigy 1851 MB HDR 37EFI
Naw they can send me the correct motor and take this one back and pay the guy labor for swapping them out


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

_________________

1854 Prodigy Elite-Mud Buddy 40 hdr


Sat Jul 28, 2018 10:38 am
Profile
Online
MMT Pro Member

Joined: Sat Sep 30, 2017 7:10 pm
Posts: 470
Location: Raceland, Louisiana
Post Re: Prodigy 1851 MB HDR 37EFI
Glad you found out and are getting it straight brother

_________________
1971 Ouchita 1440 riveted with custom 23hp go devil LT
18x48 custom duck skiff with 40 hp GTR XD with some extras (voodoo, k&n intake, baggy worked merc prop, gatorglide G2)


Sat Jul 28, 2018 11:03 am
Profile
MMT Member
User avatar

Joined: Sat Jun 09, 2018 9:36 am
Posts: 41
Location: Texas
Post Re: Prodigy 1851 MB HDR 37EFI
Wchauvin wrote:
Glad you found out and are getting it straight brother

Thanks will see what transpires Monday. Still getting the stage two anyways lol. Parts are already coming from delta for the 40


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

_________________

1854 Prodigy Elite-Mud Buddy 40 hdr


Sat Jul 28, 2018 1:02 pm
Profile
Online
MMT Pro Member

Joined: Sat Sep 30, 2017 7:10 pm
Posts: 470
Location: Raceland, Louisiana
Post Re: Prodigy 1851 MB HDR 37EFI
What are you getting with the stage 2 kit and how much was it?

_________________
1971 Ouchita 1440 riveted with custom 23hp go devil LT
18x48 custom duck skiff with 40 hp GTR XD with some extras (voodoo, k&n intake, baggy worked merc prop, gatorglide G2)


Sat Jul 28, 2018 4:42 pm
Profile
MMT Member
User avatar

Joined: Sat Jun 09, 2018 9:36 am
Posts: 41
Location: Texas
Post Re: Prodigy 1851 MB HDR 37EFI
Wchauvin wrote:
What are you getting with the stage 2 kit and how much was it?
since I've already got the q exhaust I don't see the need in paying for another so just heads and tuning. $1,700 or 2,300 if I wanted the stainless works.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

_________________

1854 Prodigy Elite-Mud Buddy 40 hdr


Sat Jul 28, 2018 5:20 pm
Profile
Online
MMT Pro Member

Joined: Sat Sep 30, 2017 7:10 pm
Posts: 470
Location: Raceland, Louisiana
Post Re: Prodigy 1851 MB HDR 37EFI
Thanks for the info. Once I get my 50 hours on my motor I'm going to send it to Marcus and get the heads worked and a tune

_________________
1971 Ouchita 1440 riveted with custom 23hp go devil LT
18x48 custom duck skiff with 40 hp GTR XD with some extras (voodoo, k&n intake, baggy worked merc prop, gatorglide G2)


Sat Jul 28, 2018 5:48 pm
Profile
MMT Pro Member

Joined: Sun May 22, 2016 10:32 am
Posts: 305
Location: Middle ga
Post Re: Prodigy 1851 MB HDR 37EFI
jz_meinert wrote:
Wchauvin wrote:
What are you getting with the stage 2 kit and how much was it?
since I've already got the q exhaust I don't see the need in paying for another so just heads and tuning. $1,700 or 2,300 if I wanted the stainless works.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk



That sounds like you are getting a delta level 2 kit not a stage 2. Stage 2 and delta level 3 will be heads exhaust tune and cam. I’m going to have a stage 2 kit shipped to me so I can install it and it’s going to cost $2200 ish shipped. I am going to send my props off to get worked since I’ll be making so much more power. I’ve never installed a cam but it can’t be to hard, hardest part it taking the damn drive off the motor.


Sat Jul 28, 2018 8:08 pm
Profile
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Reply to topic   [ 19 posts ] 

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: jackhunts and 41 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Jump to:  
cron