Reply to topic  [ 8 posts ] 
 Havoc 1756mstc / 37 EFI HDR 
MMT Member

Post Havoc 1756mstc / 37 EFI HDR
Havoc 1756 MSTC w/ .125 upgrade hull
-21" sides
-680 lbs roughly, this is stated from factory upon order of boat
-Test run with big blade prop and raptor prop

Top end speed with raptor was 28.1 mph going with current down river. Top end speed with raptor going against current was 27.3. Big blade top end speed was 27.7 going with current and 26.9 going against current. (This was just me in the boat)

Top end speed with myself, another grown man, his daughter and big ol dog (so roughly 3 adults in the boat). Raptor was 26 mph with current. Big blade top end speed was 25.4 going with current. Did not check speeds against heavy current flow.

I know Havoc and Excel's are not considered best for thick mud but our primary runs here are 85% deep water and then into river channels that are sandy bottoms or muddy bottoms but nothing like soupy nasty stuff. Boat performed flawlessy getting in and around small little channels that were only 4 feet wide on back water sloughs. As long as on plane, boat would rough flawlessly in 4-6 inches of water. Did let the boat off plane a few times in real shallow water and it took some trimming up and down and some work to get it back on plane but the boat never suctioned to the bottom allowing the boat to still move and get it up on step.

Reason for going with the Havoc MSTC, after looking at a ton of different models was that it has inverted ribs. What I gained by going with a boat that did not have a true flat bottom was far less foam weight. After talking with Alweld, Excel, legendcraft, and other manufacturers that offer true flat bottoms is that they have to load up foam in the back. The MSTC has much larger storage compartments in the rear for storage and this was a nice feature for me for fishing in the summer. Also, the weight difference in boats that have a true flat bottom vs this inverted ribbing that havoc offered was huge to me as well.

I personally think the boat is a bit of an eye sore on trailer, but the hull design makes sense for less drag on water when on plane and for hole shot reasons. Overall very happy with performance of this boat and motor combo. I am not looking for speed and don't have the speed bug like most do on this forum. I am happy if I am cruising close to 30 empty and going above 25 with a load. That is plenty fast for what I use a boat for.

Plans in distant future to let warranty run out on motor and possibly get the mako or barracuda package and have installed on motor just for possible hole shot or load carrying capabilities. Rarely am I hunting 3 out of my boat and I sure can load a boat down with fishing gear in the summer.

Getting fish finders and TM put on in the next couple weeks to start chasing walleye and bass.

Hope this review is helpful for those that are looking into havoc model boats. I will post pics of boat in near future.

Mon Mar 11, 2019 1:26 pm
MMT Member

Post Re: Havoc 1756mstc / 37 EFI HDR
Pics of setup. Can send pics of vids upon request. Failed to mention, sweet spot on top speeds seems to be around 4100-4200 rpms.

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Mon Mar 11, 2019 1:46 pm
MMT Member

We were talking about this style of boat the other day. Is it going to be tight for the guy standing on the back deck fishing? Slick looking rig though!!!

Sun Mar 24, 2019 2:54 pm
MMT Member

So I see that on their website the MSTC has more storage/less flotation. So does that mean that the MST is heavier but doesn't draft as much water?

Thu Feb 13, 2020 6:33 am
MMT 1000 Club

Flotation in a boat has nothing to do with draft. It is only there if you fill your boat with water to keep it floating. Width and length and weight affect draft.

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

Thu Feb 13, 2020 8:30 am
MMT Member

Gotcha, would a 1653 mst be too small of a hull for a gtr 37?

Thu Feb 20, 2020 3:02 pm
MMT 1000 Club

No. My dad's boat is a 1652 custom and it does fine-ish (it's not laid out the best for how it gets used, but it works). If you run more then 3 people regularly or plan to, get a 17 or 18 instead, but it's fine for 2 or 3.

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

Thu Feb 20, 2020 3:21 pm
MMT Member

Still liking this boat? I am looking at getting a 1756 as well. Any reason you went with that over the 1753? I see way more people talk about it then the 56 but I'm not sure why they are more popular. Would the extra 3 inches in width really do anything to performance? I was just wanting to get the most room possibly. The beam is still smaller then my 1750 gladiator...

Sat Feb 11, 2023 11:52 pm
Reply to topic   [ 8 posts ]