It is currently Wed May 29, 2024 2:11 am

Reply to topic  [ 2 posts ] 
 Boat Help 

Post Boat Help
I have a 6.5 hp Beavertail that I need a boat for. I had it on a Gheenoe & had trouble handling the boat. Distance from transom to the front of the rear seat was not enough. Could not sit comfortably and operate motor. Any suggestions?
Thanks

Wed Nov 18, 2009 9:32 pm
MMT Pro Member

Post Re: Boat Help
my first motor was a 6.5 beavertail, sweet little motor. i had mine on a 14/36 alumacraft. it was no speed demon, but it got me there. my top speed solo with gear was 9 to 10 mph. it lacked the power to run across the mud flats but it was light and i had no trouble dragging it across the mud. but the end of the handle was forward of the rear seat, to sit and run it was awkward. i stood most of the time, when i did sit down it was on a bucket right in front of the rear seat. i upgraded to a 20 gdlt for the power to run across the mud and to gain a little speed when my partner went with me. i doubled my speed by upgrading. if you dont have far to run and alot of gear to take, a small flat bottom might be what your looking for. academy has them fairly cheap. less than $600 for the14/36 last time i looked. if you have any other questions let me know. bull

Thu Nov 19, 2009 6:46 pm
Reply to topic   [ 2 posts ]