It is currently Sun Jun 16, 2024 3:58 pm

Reply to topic  [ 5 posts ] 
 27hp Beaver Tail ???'s 
MMT Pro Member

Post 27hp Beaver Tail ???'s
Hey guys-

I just got my firts MM and had a couple questions. It is a used 27 BT and has less than 20hrs.

1) When going from the idle to higher throttle it makes a kinda weird noise like it sounds like something is a little loose?? There is no noise at idle and no noise at higher or full throttle... Any ideas... I thought I read a post about this being normal several months back?? Anyone remember that?

2) How much / how often / what kind of grease to use in the shaft?

Motor runs very strong and doesn't smoke or anything... Just want to make sure the noise isn't anything detramental.

3) Also, is there any way to put a Tack or hour meter on it?

Any help is appreciated

Thanks!!!

Fri Aug 21, 2009 10:56 am
MMT Pro Member

Post Re: 27hp Beaver Tail ???'s
Go to Tiny Tach for a Tach, Very easy to install.

http://www.tinytach.com/

Fri Aug 21, 2009 11:26 am
MMT Pro Member

The rattle you hear is probably from "slack" in the drive shaft, my understanding is this is normal. My 27 hp lt does this as well. As long as the noise goes away after getting on the throttle. If it does not go away, then you either have a bent driveshaft, or bad bushings.

As far as greasing is concerned, get a pm schedule from beavertail and follow it. Installing the tinytach will help you follow the pm schedule. The installation on the tinytach is very simple. Two wires...one for ground and one for wrapping around one of the sparkplug wires.

Wed Aug 26, 2009 11:33 am
MMT Pro Member

Thanks!!!!

So you run a BT 27 LT as well I assume? What kind of RPM's are you seeing out of the water and in the water at full throttle?

Also, what kind of hull are you running / what is your top speed?

I am planning on installing the Tach and want to get the motor as dialed in as possible

Appreciate the info!!!! :mrgreen:

Thu Aug 27, 2009 6:16 am
MMT Pro Member

Sorry. I forgot to add type of longtail. I have had both godevil and mudbuddy. Currently MB. Both of them acted the same way, making the same noise. The 27 hp MB I have now is on a duracraft 15x42 with steelflex on the bottom. I get 4050 rpm out of water and drops down to 3800-3900 with load. Top speeds right now are little slow...need new prop. But am gettin 18-19mph with bad prop. Hope the info helps.

Sat Aug 29, 2009 3:32 pm
Reply to topic   [ 5 posts ]