It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 2:25 pm

Reply to topic  [ 6 posts ] 
 16hp gd crawfish model 

Post 16hp gd crawfish model
i have a 16hp gd crawfish model on a 14'x40" custom aluminum flat bottom. transom height is 16 to 16.5 inches.
it dont matter if its loaded or not, the motor dives under and pushes the front end up and just plows the boat through the water. ive tried having weight shifted to front and rear and no change. its like a dang barge and will not put the boat on plane at all. is my transom to high? i dont know if there is a certain transom height for the crawfish model or not.
Years ago i had a 16hp gd LT on a 14x42 and that thing flew on that little boat. it would throw it up on plane.
I am losing my mind trying to figure this thing out. Also cavitation plate has been bent but didnot help at all..

Wed Jan 02, 2019 12:18 am
MMT Pro Member

Post Re: 16hp gd crawfish model
Crawfish model is 58”. Normal is 72”. So your prop is sitting 14” closer to the transom than normal. I’d bet that’s a lot of your problem. I want to think a crawfish model long tail was never designed to run on plane in a crawfish pond but instead designed for easier handling and heavier loads.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Wed Jan 02, 2019 2:24 pm
MMT 1000 Club

crawfish model is geared down. it's made to stop at idle and push a boat in a crawfish pond with weight in the boat. it will be slower than the same hp godevil that ain't geared down.
at least that's how mine was. I think it was a 8 hp or so. the prop wouldn't turn at idle.

Wed Jan 02, 2019 7:07 pm

mine isnt geared down. some of them had cluthes that enabled the motor to do exactly what your referring to. ran mine again today, even adjusted the cavitation plate per Coco's advice. no change once i try to accelerate the prop dives down and motor wont fully rev rpms.its like i am running half throttle or like i am dragging a anchor. coco had me measure the prop and it measured out fine. I am at a loss hear, motor is a 2016 model with hardly any hours on it but just wont push my boat worth a crap.

Wed Jan 02, 2019 10:37 pm
MMT Elite Member

Cav plate dent down still running deep
https://r.tapatalk.com/shareLink?share_ ... are_type=t

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thu Jan 03, 2019 8:16 am
MMT 1000 Club

man, sorry I couldn't be more help. I am sure you will figure it out. best of luck!!!!!

Thu Jan 03, 2019 6:46 pm
Reply to topic   [ 6 posts ]