It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 12:40 pm

Reply to topic  [ 2 posts ] 
 Wiring kill switch on vanguard 23 

Post Wiring kill switch on vanguard 23
I know this has been covered before and I think I have it wired the correct way but when the kill switch is pulled the motor idles down but does not shut off. I have used a multimeter and tested the continuity of the switch and it is good. I have one end of the switch attached where the coil wire terminates and the other switch wire attached to the ground. Could some one post a pic of what you have wired or tell me where I'm off track? Thanks.

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Wed Jul 03, 2019 12:41 pm
MMT Pro Member

Post Re: Wiring kill switch on vanguard 23
So the wire going to the block is the ground. Your kill switch should connect to that and to the wire that goes to the key for the on position and gives you power to the solenoid. A little FYI you don't have to pull the kill switch, the red/orange button on the end is a "button" so push it in to kill the motor as well. I like to wire a Y connection on the power side of the kill switch this allows you to use the key to kill the motor or the kill switch. If you use bullet connectors you can isolate the kill switch if it goes bad and still use the key to kill the engine. Hope this works for you. Use a multimeter to check for power on the wires to see which one is hot with the key on then dead with key off. That should be the wire you want to ground out to kill the engine.

Sat Jul 13, 2019 7:31 am
Reply to topic   [ 2 posts ]