It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 4:10 am

Reply to topic  [ 3 posts ] 
 new prop suggestions? 
MMT Pro Member

Post new prop suggestions?
I have a super light 16’x38 flatback.
Powered by the 23 swamplite from back water all stock.
My current prop is off of a 27hp godevil lt... it simply out preformed my 9x6 backwater prop +1-2mph top end an digs good for me.
Within the same breath my 9x6 backwater prop helped that 27lt come from 18-19mph to 20-21mph... yes even swap! Good business

After 2 years of running the gd prop I need a new 1. Looking at sticking with the 9x7 size but which one... Ron hill, tigerprop, backwater, or another godevil prop, money is not a problem if the prop hold up I run mainly open shallow water flooded timber.
My rpms stay around 3850-3900 when fuel is right, my bubble been getting soft on me lately, even after new tank, hose, Teflon all connections an hose clamped... about to purchase a fuel pump.
Any experience on prop brands switching from one brand to another?opnions?hard learned wisdom? Smartass remarks? Amuse me here..

Fri Jul 19, 2019 12:32 pm
MMT Pro Member

Post Re: new prop suggestions?
An yes, I Always travel light, 45qt ice chest most of the time, 30minute runs most of the time.
my only gear is a backpack, an a 06 when hunting.
Hell I brought 2 guys frogging one night...well drinking one night... 1@230lbs other @180..me@170,and my 45qt artic..boat still planed off ok running 3500-3600rpms@17mph...1time thing but I was impressed.

Fri Jul 19, 2019 12:42 pm
MMT 1000 Club

Post Re: new prop suggestions?
If the go devil is working for you, go with another one from them. It’s been my experience with go devil props that they hold up better and are a lot harder than some of the other prop brands. Backwater would be my second choice out of those as it too is excellent. Go devil and prodrive props have more iron mixed in them when they are cast so they are denser and hold up to abuse better than a lot of the other brands

Fri Jul 19, 2019 2:43 pm
Reply to topic   [ 3 posts ]