It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 3:27 am

Reply to topic  [ 4 posts ] 
 Backwater Swomp Kit 23 HP with BPS Performance Mods Question 
MMT Member

Post Backwater Swomp Kit 23 HP with BPS Performance Mods Question
Hello all!

I decided to try to run the BPS carb, heads, muffler kit on my backwater SWOMP 23 hp kit. I am excited to see the extra power the kit provides but I am having trouble with the throttle lever/cable.

The provided throttle lever diameter is to small to mount to the steering shaft so I either need a new lever or to mod the cable to fit with the aftermarket carb. Does anybody here have any experience with this?

I noticed that BPS sells a 1 inch ID throttle lever but I am thinking that still might be a bit small.

Thank you!

REDZED

Sun Aug 25, 2019 5:54 pm
MMT Elite Member

Post Re: Backwater Swomp Kit 23 HP with BPS Performance Mods Ques
Go look at brake cables for bicycles. Walmart, etc...

Mon Aug 26, 2019 5:52 am
MMT Member

I contacted BPS and they recommended that I try the 1 inch lever. I purchased that and its still to small. I likely will take the cable over to the local lawnmower shop and see if they have anything that they can fab for me in order to fit with the existing handle.

I am thinking I could remove the carburetor return spring and then use the factory lever and it would be like if I used the stock carb from a throttle control standpoint as it wouldn't be spring loaded. I however and not sure that the carb would seat correctly back in place.

Has anybody done this?

Mon Sep 02, 2019 6:14 pm
MMT Member

so I spoke with the people at backwater who made the swomp kit and they told me that the inside diameter of the handle is 7/8th so I cut the handle, welded in an 7/8 pipe and then used that for the trigger assembly, it worked perfectly!

Sun Oct 13, 2019 6:53 pm
Reply to topic   [ 4 posts ]