It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 4:47 am

Reply to topic  [ 3 posts ] 
 bottom paint. 
MMT Pro Member

Post bottom paint.
I did paint the bottom of my 16 ft. with 3 heavy coats of Glovit epoxy sealant, and 3 years later it is still in perfect condition.
I heard that the airboat uses a very slick bottom paint named Gator glide and it works very good.
Does anybody use it on the long tails with good results?
I heard that it increase the speed because it is very slippery.
Any help?
You can email me at: pleonides@comcast.net.
thanks.

Thu Feb 25, 2021 3:51 pm
MMT 1000 Club

Post Re: bottom paint.
No change to speed in just water. Helps significantly over vegetation and mud or hard bottom. Don't unhook your boat from the trailer until it's in the water or you'll have a boat sitting on the ramp.

Search the forum. There are plenty of answers to your questions here.

#CFFITR
#mudmotor>physics

Thu Feb 25, 2021 4:44 pm
MMT Pro Member

Post Re: bottom paint.
I’ve applied gluvit before and it is very slick. It does a really good job at sealing the bottom of the boat. None of these coatings increase speed, but they do help sliding a boat through veggies and mud. I do think that gator glide, wet lander, frog snot etc hold up better and are more purpose oriented than gluvit for creating friction reduction. I believe they are all teflon based. I’m not sure there would be any huge or noticeable differences between them, frog would probably have an opinion on that though. Gator Glide is supposed to be more geared for a shallow water marine application.

I have been threatening to coat the underside of my lawn mower deck with gator glide for about 10 years, I bet it would be awesome. I’ve seen similar coatings on excavator buckets, blades, etc.

Thu Feb 25, 2021 7:22 pm
Reply to topic   [ 3 posts ]