It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 9:06 am

Reply to topic  [ 3 posts ] 
 Over hauling the top and bottom bearings 
MMT Member

Post Over hauling the top and bottom bearings
Im surprised to not see much how to on this subject but I have an older mudbuddy 25hp that is in need of upper and lower bearing replacements. I managed to get the front bearing out as well as the driveshaft but Im having a heck of a time trying to get the lower collar off since there is a race stuck all the way in the back and the puller cant grab hold of it. Im going to have to cut it off with a metal disk and order a new one. Hopefully after being successful with everything replaced and going through this strenuous ordeal, my motor will not fail since its a 2000 model. Pain in the arse i must say. To be continued…

Thu Mar 03, 2022 5:22 pm
MMT Member

Post Re: Over hauling the top and bottom bearings
What’s seems like an eternity I finally got all needed parts, and I got it all put back together. I had ended up cutting off the lower collar. A complete bearing overhaul kit was used. Putting it all back together was by far much easier than pulling everything apart. The only mess up I had was torquing the set key on the ujoint too hard and resulted in shear. So the rest of the square bolt is stuck in there for good. Later at the end of all things my grease gun took a good 45min to get going since I had trouble trying to get a whole tube of grease passed through the grease zerk. I guess my coupler is bad. I started it up and it runs very smooth. Hopefully no more hickups down the road for a good while.

Tue Mar 29, 2022 9:06 am
MMT Pro Member

Post Re: Over hauling the top and bottom bearings
Glad you you got'er figured!

Wed Apr 27, 2022 4:57 am
Reply to topic   [ 3 posts ]