It is currently Fri May 24, 2024 4:51 am

Reply to topic  [ 41 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
 Bayou bridge pipeline 
MMT Pro Member

Post Bayou bridge pipeline
http://www.theadvocate.com/baton_rouge/ ... 9c0fc.html

https://www.desmogblog.com/2017/01/17/b ... laya-basin

http://boldlouisiana.org/bayoubridge/

Call ur congressmen/ senators : tell them you oppose this pipline !

Mon Jan 23, 2017 9:11 pm
Profile WWW
MMT Super Elite Member

I'm not reading all those links, but is there something specific about the pipeline thats bad or going to cause a problem? Seems like a lot of folks livlihood down that way depend on the oil and gas business. I would think people would be for it, at least they seem to be for running pipelines across other parts of the country, whats different here?

Not being a dick. Genuinely curious.

Mon Jan 23, 2017 9:40 pm
MMT 1000 Club

Post Re: Bayou bridge pipeline
Yeah, cause transporting oil in trucks and shit is a lot safer than a pipeline?
Be fuckin real. Drilling for oil and pumping oil in a pipeline does not affect our coast, or any of that. Its Bullshit. Just like climate change, that is the fuckin name of the page on the 2nd article.
The article also says It'll be cutting through "Cajun Country", which is dumb as fuck cause Majority of Louisianan's life depends on the oil and gas industry. Don't come here preaching to people who will do anything to provide for their families. Are you one of the many down here living in south Louisiana that got their house repossessed from the bank? Or better yet, some local banks aren't even taking people houses, they are letting them live in it until work picks back up and just adding fees ontop of fees to the end of their mortgage.
Your location is Alabama. WTF does it matter to you? I guess you don't work the oil industry?

Oil is oil. And until you give up every single thing in life that does require oil. There will always be demand for it.
Sorry for the rant, but yes, this post comes from a person who works and will continue to work in the oil field.
DRILL BABY DRILL

Tue Jan 24, 2017 4:30 am
MMT Super Elite Member

An Alabama democrat? Someone needs to tell Cootslayer to control his people.

Tue Jan 24, 2017 10:19 am
MMT F.E.

I believe in protecting the environment, but to stop a pipeline being built and not consider the alternative methods of transport and their dangers! Trains de-rail - Trucks wreck - pipelines are easier to maintain and have less of an impact on the environment. Back in the day the only ones against pipelines were the railroad tycoon!!!

Tue Jan 24, 2017 12:06 pm
MMT 1000 Club

If you are on this site and using a MM, then you should want these pipelines. If not feel free to get rid of everything you own that is made of or utilizes any petroleum product. That includes the lube you can use to go screw yourself.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Tue Jan 24, 2017 8:24 pm
MMT 1000 Club

Tue Jan 24, 2017 8:27 pm
MMT 1000 Club

get out of here with that tree hugging BS.

Against oil and natural gas? Then please kindly, and safely, dispose of anything you have made of PLASTIC :lol:

-Custom pool noodle
-stage 4 water wings

Tue Jan 24, 2017 9:21 pm
MMT F.E.

Damn ! you guys are harsh on a tree hugger!!!! Ya'll must be some kinda anti-Obama Trump voting conservative type.

Wed Jan 25, 2017 9:20 am
MMT Member

Look at what happened up north with Dakota access pipeline

Wed Jan 25, 2017 11:52 am
MMT Pro Member

Since 2010, over 3,300 incidents of crude oil and liquefied natural gas leaks or ruptures have occurred on U.S. pipelines. These incidents have killed 80 people, injured 389 more, and cost $2.8 billion in damages. They also released toxic, polluting chemicals in local soil, waterways, and air.

... Profit over the environment.
When, not if, it leaks maybe it won't destroy the water supply, wildlife, and livelihoods of those that depend on the Basin

Thats all I have to say about that......

Wed Jan 25, 2017 7:34 pm
Profile WWW
MMT Pro Member

Wed Jan 25, 2017 8:02 pm
MMT 1000 Club

-Custom pool noodle
-stage 4 water wings

Wed Jan 25, 2017 8:03 pm
MMT 1000 Club

That's not all the information, Jack. How many trucks, barges, and railcars this pipeline would replace had wrecks, leaks, or ruptures, and how many were injured, and how much of the environment was affected. When you cover one side without the other, you have no actual comparison to actually choose a side. How many people were killed by guns last year? But that's not enough information to say guns are bad, either. How many people were killed in car wrecks vs busses vs plane rides vs boats? Outlaw cars and make everyone take a boat ride or planes or busses? Don't come here with facts to make your point and expect anyone to listen if you're unwilling to bring all the facts. That may be all you have to say, but that's the problem with choosing a side. Leaving out ALL of the facts and just stating the ones supporting your argument is useless to actually making an informed choice as to what is good or bad. If the rest of the facts support your decision, then you might have a valid point, and people can make a decision based on the importance of them vs the money they make or have invested.

Wed Jan 25, 2017 8:11 pm
MMT Pro Member

Russ, that's just information about reasons to oppose the bayou bridge pipeline. I didn't post any lobbying efforts for/against planes, trains, or automobiles or guns. Facts are commercial crawfishermen have publicly protested against it, numerous environmental groups think it will put wetlands at risk....another fact is I purposely didn't list a single reason to be FOR the pipeline.

The original post was intended to have people (that care) call their senator or congressman to OPPOSE.

Wed Jan 25, 2017 8:26 pm
Profile WWW
MMT 1000 Club

Why oppose if the facts of leaky oil and liquefied natural gas are worse for the environment when continued to be transported in trucks and by rail? Not listing those facts skews the discussion to support something you want, but doesn't in any way make your way better for the envrionment. If those other facts support your side as well, why not list them.
Those facts aren't good, but when more oil makes it to the groundwater, kills shit, and affects wildlife when transported as it is right now, how is your way better for the environment?

Wed Jan 25, 2017 8:37 pm
MMT 1000 Club

I will call my senators and congressmen to support it

We already have many of pipelines in the basin.

Go somewherr else with your hippie shit.

Wed Jan 25, 2017 9:35 pm
MMT 1000 Club

:? :?
Give me a break.

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Thu Jan 26, 2017 7:33 am
MMT Pro Member

Pipeline spills are inevitable! 1500 TEMPORARY jobs in exchange for possibility it could wreck the region's fragile ecology, damage the basin and destroy Louisiana’s multi-million dollar crawfish industry.

Good luck with the pipeline.......

Thu Jan 26, 2017 3:07 pm
Profile WWW
MMT 1000 Club

So are truck and rail cars leaking, and the above and boats hauling the oil and byproducts having accidents. You have yet to make your case as to why the pipeline isn't a better option than what's in play right now. Be a grown man and make your case. You have an opportunity, yet you're just giving a few facts and then acting indignant like you're talking to people that don't know what a pipeline is and what it provides. Stop acting like they're wrong unless you can actually PROVE they're wrong.

Thu Jan 26, 2017 3:16 pm
MMT Pro Member

There are a lot of facts for/against the Bayou Bridge Pipeline. I've taken the opportunity to give facts AGAINST it. I didn't post topic to prove people "wrong" about their beliefs on pipelines, merely inform readers that some folks think it is a bad idea.

Louisiana Department of Environmental Quailty and Army Corps of Engineers could deny ; since request has been made that no permit for pipeline will be granted until damage done by existing pipelines ...are fixed.

Thu Jan 26, 2017 4:02 pm
Profile WWW
MMT 1000 Club

Actually, you posted 3 links then told us to oppose it. Not inform us and leave it at that. You oppose it. Great. We may or may not, but based on your info alone, we're missing a bunch of info to just take your word for it and call our congressmen and women in opposition, as you told us we should do.

Thu Jan 26, 2017 4:23 pm
MMT Member

Northern MN needs a few more pretty bare....bring them on!

Thu Jan 26, 2017 5:19 pm
MMT 1000 Club

You worry about pipelines in Bama, we'll worry about pipelines in Louisiana.

Thu Jan 26, 2017 5:28 pm
MMT 1000 Club

I would think pipelines are safer than any other form of transporting oil and natural gas. I think you barkin up the wrong tree dude.

Algore's new movie, a sequel to the first, is coming out soon. I am sure you will be the first in line to see it.

Fri Jan 27, 2017 9:57 pm
MMT Elite Member

Sun Jan 29, 2017 6:25 pm
MMT 1000 Club

Most pipeline anomalies are due to human error.

Sun Jan 29, 2017 6:38 pm
MMT 1000 Club

I'm just gunna leave this here..... :roll:

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Sun Jan 29, 2017 7:06 pm
MMT Elite Member

Never mind, Jack. I'm pretty sure I found your source. The article is obviously very skewed against pipelines when the data includes valve packing leaks and pump seal failures.

http://www.hcn.org/articles/spilling-oil-santa-barbara

When you look at the raw data, the actual number of pipeline ruptures or failures is minimal compared to everything that is reported.....and the amounts reported as released.

http://www.phmsa.dot.gov/pipeline/libra ... denttrends

Sun Jan 29, 2017 7:43 pm
MMT 1000 Club

When the BP oil spill happened, I remember that there is an ongoing oil leak that pours into the ocean water. But it is nature's leak. Nothing to do with man. And it is pretty big too. http://response.restoration.noaa.gov/oi ... seeps.html

Anytime that some environmentalist comes up and is against something and gives me statistics, they normally are some sort of way inflated and not the true picture. It is how liberals have done things for almost a century.

We keep hearing about climate change making sea level rise. However in the last 110 years or so, we have only had about 9 inches. Most articles will tell you that Louisiana has more sea level rise than most. Ok, how does the happen that the ocean is rising in Louisiana but not in Mississippi and Texas our next door neighbors. Scientist and Media will never tell you it is more of the compaction of the soil under neath us and in the marsh. Without more silt to build it up, it will continue to sink and we will lose land, along with regular erosion.

Well, we are fighting back against liberals now.

Sun Jan 29, 2017 8:05 pm
MMT Elite Member

Cleaning off my desk and found one more reason to be in favor of this pipeline. Had no idea it was the same pipeline. $$$

Mon Jan 30, 2017 6:12 pm
MMT 1000 Club

Hhmmmm ETP logo I see there ;)

-Custom pool noodle
-stage 4 water wings

Mon Jan 30, 2017 9:03 pm
MMT 1000 Club

Heard a ad on the radio today about a meeting they gonna have about this line asking for people to come out and support the project It said the people opposing it is Activist and Agitators. Im guessing Jack is an Agitator... :lol:

Tue Jan 31, 2017 7:49 pm
MMT Addict

have you ever been in the basin? theirs at least a pipeline every half a mile and i have never heard of a issue. commercial and recreational fisherman and also hunters use these pipe lines to their advantage. you are clueless of what you are talking about!

Gen 3 36 prodrive on 18x48 sportsman fab
Gen 2 36 prodricr on cc 18x48 sportsman fab
07 gtr on 16x54 alweld

Wed Feb 01, 2017 4:28 pm
MMT 1000 Club

Wed Feb 01, 2017 5:53 pm
MMT Pro Member

Acadiana is already criss-crossed by a dense network of pipelines leading to Gulf Coast refineries. Nonetheless, the process of building the proposed Bayou Bridge pipeline, the Atchafalaya Basin, a major watershed of the Gulf of Mexico, will see additional and significant impacts. Even if the construction process happens without a hitch, 77 acres of wetlands would be permanently affected, and 177 acres would be temporarily affected, along with the wildlife and aquatic species that live there. Within a 5-mile buffer area of the pipeline, National Wetlands Inventory has mapped over 600 square miles of forested wetlands, nearly 300 square miles of estuarine wetlands, and 63 square miles of freshwater emergent wetlands. Essential ecosystem services that the wetlands provide, absorbing floodwaters, could be compromised, leading to increased erosion and sedimentation downstream. Impacts to these wetlands could be greatly magnified into the already environmentally stressed Gulf

Wed Feb 01, 2017 8:30 pm
Profile WWW
MMT Pro Member

Environmental groups, including a coalition the comprises the Sierra Club, the Gulf Restoration Network, and the Louisiana Bucket Brigade, the Atchafalaya Basinkeeper, as well as concerned citizens, and landowners (some of whom already have multiple pipelines crossing their properties) are making their resistance to the pipeline heard, loud and clear about the need for a full environmental impact statement that will address the cumulative and indirect impacts of the project.

Wed Feb 01, 2017 8:34 pm
Profile WWW
MMT 1000 Club

Nice cut and paste... :lol:

-Custom pool noodle
-stage 4 water wings

Wed Feb 01, 2017 9:02 pm
MMT 1000 Club

Deans back

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro