It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 7:32 am

Reply to topic  [ 18 posts ] 
 New wader defects and a manufacturer who won't stand behind 
MMT Addict

Post New wader defects and a manufacturer who won't stand behind
Guys,

I have a question about what you would do if you were me... I bought a spare pair of waders last fall at an out of state sporting goods store to have on trips in case something happens to my main pair. I don't remember the exact store of town where I purchased them. I remember the price was good, but not great. They are the same brand and model of the ones I wear normally. I'm passionate about how good the original waders are and suggested to many people. I'm no wader novice and spent over 70 days last year in their waders.

This year I was in North Dakota and got my regular pair wet (fell in). Went to the truck to put on the other pair and after 10 minutes I gave up frustrated. They are brand new and still have the tags on them. I only threw away the box so I could hang them up on a wader rack. These things have never been on anybody- guaranteed. I've had others look at them with the same conclusion.

The inside liners are sewn in so crooked. They are physically imposible to wear or even put on if you have two legs. Its a serious manufacturer's defect. There must not have been any quality control. There is no damage whatsoever. Tags are on!

So, I reach out to the manufacturer to request a new pair. I offered to send the propblem pair to them so they can make sure this doesn't happen again at their manufacturer. All I'd like is an identical pair that is functional. They told me that unless I have the original receipt showing I purchased them less than a year ago they can't help me.

If I were a well known brand of many waterfowling products, I'd stand behind the products because I'd want to reap the benefits of being known as a customer who stands behind their products. I would not want negative reviews of my products being circulated. They are not taking this position; instead they owe me nothing. I'm annoyed, but more disappointed than anything.

What would you do? How do I push them to live up to their "top tier" brand status? I feel like I've given them a chance to make it right, but they haven't done that in my opinion.

All I want is a functional pair of waders. For $350 waders you think they could do that.

Mon Nov 21, 2016 1:24 pm
MMT Addict

Post Re: New wader defects and a manufacturer who won't stand beh
I would start with posting the manufacturer and a point of contact (e-mail address). A few e-mails from concerned customers may just do the trick for you. No one wants bad press like that.

Mon Nov 21, 2016 2:08 pm
MMT 1000 Club

Post New wader defects and a manufacturer who won't stand behind
I would buy another identical pair and return the defective ones in their place.

Little shady maybe but at least you will have a functional Pair of waders at no additional cost to you

Mon Nov 21, 2016 9:30 pm
MMT Elite Member

Mon Nov 21, 2016 9:32 pm
MMT F.E.

Damn!! I got waders from Academy about 7 years ago and the only leak I have had has been a thorn punched thru them above the boot. A little shoe goo on and in the hole no problems since then. I'm not at home to get the brand but these were less than $200. After season I hang them up by the boots and during the season they are were ever a lay them to dry. The only reason I bought this pair was that they fit my short, wide, fat ass better than the others.

Tue Nov 22, 2016 8:44 am
MMT Elite Member

Tue Nov 22, 2016 10:02 am
MMT Pro Member

I've had the same type situation before. The customer service rep said they couldn't help me so I demanded to speak with their supervisor. Once I talked to the supervisor they made stuff happen and sent me a new pair. I would remind the. That word of mouth is a very powerful thing especially now days with social media and forums

Tue Nov 22, 2016 3:29 pm
MMT 1000 Club

They should stand by them. My Cabelas 3.5mm Lite Mags started leaking in after 4 years. I took them back to the store and they let me exchange them for a more expensive, brand new pair of 5mm Super Mags with no up charge.

Fri Nov 25, 2016 10:14 am
MMT Pro Member

The only time I've rooted for the crimson tide, my gf was 3 days late.

FOREVER LSU

Wed Nov 30, 2016 7:15 pm
MMT Addict

Post Re: Brand New Banded Redzone Wader Defects.
These are Banded RedZone waders. I've been really disappointed in their customer service.

Its BS that they don't stand behind their product. I suppose it will catch up with them eventually.

For now, my advice to everyone is not to buy their waders unless the store will take them back.

Thu Dec 15, 2016 4:36 pm
MMT 1000 Club

My neighbor just got some of those. They look nice as hell but I would never wear anything made by chode balding

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thu Dec 15, 2016 6:03 pm
MMT Addict

Is it just me or does the Banded brand look like the bro gear of waterfowl gear? Just not a fan of their stuff. FYI was able to return a pair of macks waders a couple years back if you are looking for a company willing to work with you in the wader department.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Thu Dec 15, 2016 9:27 pm
Profile WWW
MMT 1000 Club

BPS Swamp Staff Member
Blackwater Marine LLC.

Quote classic by rangerp: "Red seemed to be enjoying herself, and I assume by the look on her face was about to hit the high-note and throw a locate as she treed the possum."

Fri Dec 16, 2016 10:17 am
MMT 1000 Club

Check out the waders made by Dans Hunting gear.

I bought a pair and will look into buying their chest waders. Good service, good product, good people.

Plus since they make them you can pick which boots you want. You can get any Muck or LaCrosse boot on your waders.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Fri Dec 16, 2016 10:49 am
MMT Pro Member

Cabela's all the way. Absolutely can't beat them. Bought a set of 800 light mags 5 years ago. Took them back to the store with leaking crotch (haven't even hunted in them in 2 seasons) and got a pair of super mags for 20$ up charge. My take on banded products they are garbage with terrible customer service. Bought a blind bag when they first got popular several years ago and the zipper busted before I even got into the field to hunt. And they refused to replace it. So F*** banded they won't ever get my business again.

Mon Dec 19, 2016 10:34 am
MMT Pro Member

I agree F*** banded, they had their red head decoys half off on Black Friday so I ordered a couple boxes. 10 days after I ordered they sent me an email saying my order couldn't be fulfilled do to insufficient stock. My issue with this is I could not take advantage of any other Black Friday deals as I thought I had purchased the banded brand decoys, I should have not be able to order them if they didn't have them in stock. I have sent them two messages saying I full expect to receive the same pricing on the red head decoys once they are back in stock. I have yet to hear back from them so the more bad mouthing of banded I can do the better I feel about getting screwed out of a good sale.

Mon Dec 19, 2016 12:57 pm
MMT Super Elite Member

Fuck

Mon Dec 19, 2016 12:58 pm
MMT Pro Member

I earned it
VFW - Life Member

REPORT STOLEN VALOR !!

Tue Dec 27, 2016 12:40 pm
Reply to topic   [ 18 posts ]