It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 12:08 pm

Reply to topic  [ 28 posts ] 
 ARKANSAS hunters 
MMT Pro Member

Post ARKANSAS hunters
http://www.arkansasonline.com/news/2017 ... /?f=sports

Seen this today thought it would be a interesting read for those of us who hunt game and fish land in Arkansas

Thu Jan 19, 2017 9:52 pm
MMT 1000 Club

Post Re: ARKANSAS hunters
Yeah well they failed to mention that most of them are running some form of custom "look at me" exhaust.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Fri Jan 20, 2017 4:44 am
MMT 1000 Club

And the airboats that wildlife biologists use when inspecting duck and other wildlife populations, and game wardens use to monitor and enforce regulations and laws have no effect on the ducks? I've witnessed ducks simply moving a couple hundred yards away from whatever noise that disturbs them on a consistent basis both in timber and shallow lakes. The 106 dB they speak of doesn't cause wildlife to leave an area if they want to be there. If they do leave, they come back 30 mins later. Drive your super loud mudboat past a sanctuary on a wma or nwr where it's legal to run, and watch the ducks. They're smart enough to know they're safe, and won't even move those couple hundred yards away from the boat road. I don't particularly care for loud exhausts, but the argument being made concerning ruining wildlife habitat because of noise is uneducated and void of actual facts.

Fri Jan 20, 2017 7:58 am
MMT Elite Member

Bunch of shit. There's more than likely gonna be some hard to swallow rules come to fruit within the next few years up in arkie land. Lower water levels in wma's, later pumping of controlled impoundments, possible draws or quotas for OOS hunters on wma's, the mud motor thing.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

I've never gone to Seminole for the amenities/luxury the two reasons I go down there are to kill shit and get fucked up with like minded individuals aka OG'S. If you want to swirl wine and stay in a room where politics and investment diversity are discussed (with no roaches) lake lanier is near Atlanta. If you wanna have an awesome time and maybe stay in a room where children were conceived on one side and someone got stabbed over an 8-ball on the other come on down I got a can of raid. :D

Fri Jan 20, 2017 3:25 pm
MMT F.E.

I think the biggest problem is that you have a supposed "expert" who is making statements that just aren't true.

A lot of them.

Fri Jan 20, 2017 4:27 pm
MMT 1000 Club

Just more restrictions. The SOBs with the clout will always use to manipulate whatever BS data they can find to concentrate their interests... Same thing happens every time,when greedy bastards feel like they're not getting their share. Think it's shotty where yer playing come to Leon Co. Florida and see if ya don't get pissed about the regs!

Fri Jan 20, 2017 7:34 pm
MMT 1000 Club

As loud as a lot of them are I bet Arkansas won't be the only state to make some new restrictions.

Fri Jan 20, 2017 8:52 pm
MMT Elite Member

The idiot in the article and the guy he asked about the effects on hunting say your hunt is ruined if a mud motor rides by your hole. What the hell? There are holes that will have 15 guns shooting a group of 40 mallards coming into the hole, then 5 minutes later they will open up on em again. All while the hole 200 yards down killed em between their volleys. So how does the noise of a mud motor trump the sound of 20 to 30 guns going off every 5 minutes, all while not really messing up hunts? It all boils down to the locals complaining about surface drives because 95% of them own outboards. They hate mud motors, and hate OOS hunters. I've hunted there a good bit, and any problem/confrontation I've had involved locals who got to the hole later than I did and not moving on to find another spot to hunt. There's a well known local who hunts there (and has actually won the world calling championship) who has charges on him right now for drawing down on a group of OOS hunters who wouldn't leave a hole that they beat his group to. Video evidence and all.

I've never gone to Seminole for the amenities/luxury the two reasons I go down there are to kill shit and get fucked up with like minded individuals aka OG'S. If you want to swirl wine and stay in a room where politics and investment diversity are discussed (with no roaches) lake lanier is near Atlanta. If you wanna have an awesome time and maybe stay in a room where children were conceived on one side and someone got stabbed over an 8-ball on the other come on down I got a can of raid. :D

Sat Jan 21, 2017 7:42 am
MMT 1000 Club

Sat Jan 21, 2017 8:28 am
MMT Elite Member

I agree. I can see the locals point. They're pushing for quotas or draws on OOS folks in wma's. But for guns to get drawn, fights breaking out, stuff like that....that's a bunch of shit. It's first come first serve, and if you lose the race r can't get there in an outboard, put your big boy pants on and ask politely if you can hunt with the guys who got there or go somewhere else. The hunters don't like us, but the local businesses and the politicians who take our license money and spend it for the state would sure feel the effects if all the stuff they're talking about doing comes to fruition.
Arkansas is a state without a lot of money or jobs in rural areas where ducks are. It's the truth that OOS hunters (who can afford to travel and lease) have wrecked duck hunting for locals. Leasing fields has become a joke with the prices the big money guys are paying, and all the farmers are taking advantage. This has pushed locals on to public land with all the out of staters who hunt it as well. So yeah, the guys from there have suffered a lot from the popularity of the sport and the money being thrown around to lease grounds. It sucks for them, now it may suck for us. Gonna be an interesting next few years to see what restrictions and regulations come about.

Sat Jan 21, 2017 9:07 am
MMT 1000 Club

Sat Jan 21, 2017 9:47 am
MMT 1000 Club

Blame in on the voodoo parade

Sat Jan 21, 2017 10:47 am
MMT Super Elite Member

Man all the aftermarket exhausts are pretty loud other than the Q. Even the baffled marshmellows.

We tried to do the baffles in our homemade kawi exhausts but they killed performance. Had to remove them. That's what's happening in this pic. :lol: Boat would hardly get on plane with me and pops in it, removed the baffles and it was back to running like a top.

Sat Jan 21, 2017 10:59 am
MMT Addict

Tad can turn a tool? Must be photoshop.

Mon Jan 23, 2017 6:54 am
MMT Pro Member

That's frustrating. I run a SD on Bayou Meto and also hear the modded SD motors way off in the distance. I don't understand how this is any different that 10 guys in a hole all shooting multiple rounds at the same time. Some of the modded outboards I've ran into don't sound any quieter. Sure hope they don't plan on changing this. To many things in this world offend people nowadays..

Tue Jan 24, 2017 1:41 pm
MMT 1000 Club

That sounds like an issue for the Shallow Water Boaters Ass. Or what ever it was called. They was supposed to roll on all issues like this.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Tue Jan 24, 2017 3:06 pm
MMT 1000 Club

Tue Jan 24, 2017 3:40 pm
MMT Elite Member

Get on Arkansas hunting dot net. Do some reading in the waterfowl section. The locals are wanting to ban this, regulate that, quotas, bans for OOS hunters. Sky busting, boat wrecks, lack of ducks, loud motors, fights, crowding, boat racing, is all oosers fault. Their feathers are getting pretty ruffled,

Tue Jan 24, 2017 5:08 pm
MMT 1000 Club

Tue Jan 24, 2017 7:20 pm
MMT Pro Member

Wed Jan 25, 2017 5:25 am
MMT F.E.

Airboats make more noise than any mud boat!!! They restricted air boats on Caddo Lake because a few tree huggers got together with some id10t liberals and democrats. They don't think or realize that a prop in water does more damage to environment than a prop in air. Hell if those id10ts had their way they would not allow any motors at all. The problem with Fish and Game Departments is the universities and colleges, the professors and instructors think more government is always the solution. STUPID LIBERAL DEMOCRAT MENTALITY HAS SCREWED THIS COUNTRY AND ITS CITIZENS MORE THAN ANY ENEMY EVER COULD! I would say disease but liberalism is a disease and needs to be wiped out!!!

Wed Jan 25, 2017 11:13 am
MMT 1000 Club

What a load Of shit. Yeah 30 12 gauges in one hole doesn't scare off ducks at all, it's my mud motor.

Wed Jan 25, 2017 11:41 am
MMT Elite Member

Post ARKANSAS hunters

Wed Jan 25, 2017 12:47 pm
MMT 1000 Club

18x54 Uncle J -GTR - with the koolaid
Back H2o SWOMP 23 SS stage 2 15x36 GD Duck Skiff GATOR
GATOR GLIDE PROSTAFF
BACKWATER PROSTAFF
http://www.gatorglide.com

Coupe rest in peace brother

Wed Jan 25, 2017 12:57 pm
MMT 1000 Club

Wed Jan 25, 2017 7:08 pm
Profile WWW
MMT Elite Member

Been getting some feedback from a few game and fish officers out here last couple of days. They aren't thinking much is gonna happen in the way of mud motors, other than possibly needing a stock exhaust. One did tell me that in a state review of citations, locals were written tickets on like a 5-1 ratio vs oosers. He said he highly doubted anything would be done to restrict locals from hunting the wma's . I hope he's right, we as a club have a lot of time and money invested in the area, treat it with respect, have a lot of local friends, and support the local economy.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Thu Jan 26, 2017 9:54 am
MMT Pro Member

My 2 cents-Arkansas needs the Oosers funds. Stuttgart and Bayou Meto rely on this money. As far at MM's go, the game and fish officers I have spoken to don't think much will happen other than making you run a "stock" motor. One game warden I spoke to said Game and fish just purchased several MM and don't know why they would if they were thinking about making them illegal.. Once again, just my opinion..

Thu Jan 26, 2017 1:38 pm
MMT 1000 Club

Game and fish here have airboats, even though they're illegal for us mere mortals. That they bought some doesn't matter to them limiting us.

Thu Jan 26, 2017 2:08 pm
Reply to topic   [ 28 posts ]