It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 1:16 pm

Reply to topic  [ 5 posts ] 
 Odd ducks. 
MMT 1000 Club

Post Odd ducks.
Couldnt find any. The mallards were all over us this am. A random wood duck at first light. Teal must have left with the big wind yesterday. Would have been nice to round out a full limit of ducks but I'll settle for a 3man of greenies. Had to bust some ice this am to set decoys up here in WI.

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Sun Oct 21, 2018 2:48 pm
MMT Pro Member

Post Re: Odd ducks.
I would love to see that many mallards around here. Usually we have more mallards than anything. Not sure where they are at. We have only seen a few woods, and fewer mallards. Might be that every chance I have had to go out has been mild temps, calm, and sunny.

Hopefully it will get better soon.

Sun Oct 21, 2018 5:10 pm
MMT 1000 Club

We never shoot mallards in south la where I hunt. We shoot a good bit of teal, Woodie's, blue bills, ringnecks, gadwalls, and the canvasback or pintail here and there. Very rarely do we shoot greens down here I find man

Sun Oct 21, 2018 7:51 pm
MMT 1000 Club

We had hundreds of them drop in on us after we filled up. The mallard hunting hasn't been this good in years. We stuck it out for a couple hours after filling the mallard limit just trying to get some other birds to drop in. We usually get a lot of wood ducks with a few mallards and gaddy's with the occasional widgeon mixed in. We had some pintails mixed in with the mallards which is pretty rare around here but the just wouldn't drop in or separate from the mallard flocks enough to take shots...too risky to miss and pop a mallard by mistake.

Mon Oct 22, 2018 12:15 pm
MMT 1000 Club

That's savage bro

Mon Oct 22, 2018 5:54 pm
Reply to topic   [ 5 posts ]