It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 7:56 am

Reply to topic  [ 8 posts ] 
 2008 Silverado LT AC blower excessive delay after starting 
MMT 1000 Club

Post 2008 Silverado LT AC blower excessive delay after starting
I picked up a very clean 2008 Silverado for my son for his 16 b-day and noticed something for the 1st time yesterday with the AC. From a cold start, truck will start and there is about a 10-30 sec delay before the blower will start blowing. It varies but once it starts blowing, it will cycle through all blower ranges without a hiccup and will blow cold with no issues. It's the delay that has me scratching my head. Its a 2008 LT with dual zone. I have tried starting it in auto, manual setting, in blower high, in blower low setting. They all act the same, there is a hesitation before the blower will come on. Sometimes you can feel a slight whisper of air coming out the vents, then BOOM!!! she blows fine and will blow normal for hours on long trips. I have also read that possibly I needed to re-calibrate the actuator door by removing the HVAC-ECAS fuse. My model was fuse #39 and #55. With truck off, removed fuses for about 2 min, replaced fuses and started truck. Temps were at 67* before performing this. After reinstalling fuses, the dual temps were set at 74 and the AC started blowing immediately...... but once I set a lower temp, it shut off for a sec then cam back on. Everything works according to the settings, temp control, blower speeds, etc.... It's just the hesitation that is kinda annoying. Both my 2007 GMC SLT Z-71 and my 2016 Silverado 1500 AC's come on immediately when starting the truck when not in AUTO. There is one other thing that I just thought of while typing this. I didn't notice it when i left the lot with it, nor did I notice it at home. My wife saw him in it the other day listening to radio (presetting his channels) with the key on. Yesterday when i first noticed the hesitation in the blower coming on, the battery was weak. The truck turned over, however the battery was weak. probably from him sitting in it with he key on. I'm not sure if possibly a voltage issue would cause this or not. But anyway, if you guys have any insight, it would be greatly appreciated.

Tue May 14, 2019 12:43 pm
MMT Elite Member

Post Re: 2008 Silverado LT AC blower excessive delay after starti
A weak battery will cause all sorts of crazy issues in vehicles now. On a Dodge, the lights will act crazy. I'd check that first. The computer system has to boot up and the AC blower is not on the top of the list of things to check.

Tue May 14, 2019 1:33 pm
MMT Pro Member

I had an 02 1500 that would do this intermittently from time to time. Could never figure it out. It did quit doing it eventually. I probably put 4 batteries in that truck, so it’s possible that low voltage was causing it. That truck had 250K miles on it when I got rid of it and I never replaced any AC related parts.

Wed May 15, 2019 8:52 am
MMT Sponsor

Put eyes on the blower resistor connector. They like to get hot and have issues.

Wed May 15, 2019 11:07 pm
MMT Pro Member

Will C is most likely correct

Thu May 16, 2019 12:54 am
MMT Elite Member

Thu May 16, 2019 8:53 pm
MMT 1000 Club

Battery. Charged it, all is well. I know all that cpu shit acts up with
low voltage.

Sat May 18, 2019 7:51 pm
MMT Pro Member

I don't want to rain on your parade but check charging system and battery,also pull down right side lower valance and look at resistor connector and see of its burnt it will be very obvious a few 7mm screws and your there resistor is 5.5mm,Good luck if u need more info send me a pm and ill give u my number.

Sat May 18, 2019 8:14 pm
Reply to topic   [ 8 posts ]