It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 2:51 pm

Reply to topic  [ 10 posts ] 
 Pics of 2wd trucks with All-terrain tires 
MMT 1000 Club

Post Pics of 2wd trucks with All-terrain tires
Any of you clowns running all-terrain tires on a 2wd? Our parking area on my family land of 200 acres gets a little dicey when it rains. We did put down some asphalt rocks when the city did some road work years back, so it does have "somewhat" of a decent foundation. But since I gave my son my 4wd, this 2wd silverado with the continental road tire "slicks" will get stuck in wet clover. So i need a tire that can get me in and out while pulling my trailer with Polaris Ranger. I have looked at BFG KO's, Wildpeaks, Nitto terra Grabbers, Duratrac's. If you have a 2wd and have some sort of A/T's on em, shoot the pics. Don't want stupid aggressive M/T for this one.

Tue Sep 10, 2019 7:58 am
MMT 1000 Club

Post Re: Pics of 2wd trucks with All-terrain tires
I have a new 2019 f150 4x4 now, but before that, I had an 08 GMC Sierra that was 2wd. I put some 33 inch falken wildpeak A/T tires on it and it helped a lot at the launch as well as when we would go in the woods with it before hunting season to haul gear. I’d have to look and see if I can find a pic of it with the tires for you bro.

As far as tires, I like the Falken wildpeak A/T. This is my second time buying a set of them. They are not overly aggressive, look good, perform well, wear really well over time, and they ride smooth and have next to no road noise. I like them a lot and will be purchasing them again once I need a new set

Tue Sep 10, 2019 11:22 am
MMT F.E.

I have the 32” falkens on my truck. Good tire. Should work for your need.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Tue Sep 10, 2019 1:11 pm
MMT Pro Member

I ran the falkens Rocky Mountains (pre-wildpeaks) on my old 2wd f150. They were badass when they were new. Quiet and good grip, but when they wore I didn’t trust them anywhere off the pavement. Got 50k out of them.

I’m on my 2nd set of bfgs on my current 4wd f150. Love them, got 70k miles out of the last ones and had 4/32 left on them. Great in sand and clear mud really well for an all terrain. They gripped great even after they wore. Hardly ever have to put in in 4wd.

My buddy runs terra grapplers and says the same thing as I do with my bfgs. Gets 70-80k out of them. I just like the look of the bfgs better.

I think the terra grapplers are a little quieter than the bfg though. Keep em rotated and they will last a long time.

Bfgs and nittos are the more expensive options but worth every penny in my book.

It’s a 4wd, but here is a pic of some 305/55 on a 20inch rimIMG_7078.JPGIMG_7079.JPG

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Tue Sep 10, 2019 2:23 pm
MMT Elite Member

Yokohama Geolandar AT/S is the best all terrain I've had yet. Bug loves those "new" Faulkins also.
Couldn't give me a set of BFGs.

Tue Sep 10, 2019 2:37 pm
MMT Pro Member

I currently have falkens on my truck and they work great. Run BFG for years and have them on our Jeep currently. My pic is the BFG. Best snow tire I have ever had, ride good, great in sand, in mud if you get up the wheel speed to clean them they just as good as most mud grips. They do grab rocks but so do my falkens.

Tue Sep 10, 2019 3:45 pm
MMT Member

Rocked the buckshot II in high school on a 2wd Cherokee haha.

I like the wrangler a/t that came on my 17 Tacoma but the road noise is terrible on the interstate. It’s got to be the compound because the tread is nothing to write home about.

I think Chauvin has sold me on the faulkens.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Tue Sep 10, 2019 7:34 pm
MMT 1000 Club

This is a pic of my truck with the 33 inch falkens

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Tue Sep 10, 2019 8:05 pm
MMT 1000 Club

Tue Sep 10, 2019 8:50 pm
MMT 1000 Club

I have a 2wd chevy truck. I am running bfg's on it naow and it does ok at the boatramp. I had a set of kumho's mud grips and they pulled good. I also had a set of federal's and while they only lasted a yr, they pulled good.
i'm gonna go old school next time and get the biggest superswampers that will fit under the fenders. I know they pull.

Wed Sep 11, 2019 6:59 pm
Reply to topic   [ 10 posts ]