It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 12:14 pm

Reply to topic  [ 1 post ] 
 Custom Crawfish Cooker burner question 
MMT 1000 Club

Post Custom Crawfish Cooker burner question
I'm building a 180 qt crawfish pot to run on natural gas and trying to figure out my burners. I'm looking at the 23 tip natural gas jet burners. Thinking of putting 2 of them under this pot. That should give me more than enough output to get it boiling.

I have just upgraded my NG system to a 2 lb setup. So Now I have a new meter for the higher flow rate and they installed a drop for me to tie into for using 2lb NG instead of 8" of pressure. Big difference when you put that to a burner. The old 8" regulator was installed downstream my T connection so the house appliance never knew of any change. They still work the same.

This is the burner that I was looking at.

This is a 20-Ton reverse press brake I built to make the pot as well as brake out any plate I want.

So.... My question is has anyone used these burners before on propane of NG? And if so how far from the pot bottom did you mount the burners? I added wind deflectors on the front and back and may do the sides as well. It will trap the heat and I should be able to run less gas (in theory), but I've never used one of these burners before. So tell me what you have and I'll kinda go from there.

Fri Feb 25, 2022 11:50 am
Reply to topic   [ 1 post ]