It is currently Sun Jun 09, 2024 8:38 am

Reply to topic  [ 2 posts ] 
 God & Government.  
MMT Pro Member

Post God & Government.
I know that in most cases, everyone like myself was/is pretty disappointed about the outcome of the election. Once I stop letting my emotions guiding my actions I began to pray to my Father and seek his guidance in the situation. Some people are saying, well this must be Gods will "NO STINKING WAY" This was a people choice. This nation was formed by our forefathers as a Christian nation not a Obamanation!! I might get smashed for posting this but oh well because I'm standing on the side of God my leader.
1 Samuel 8:9 Now therefore, heed their voice. However, you shall solemnly forewarn them, and show them the behavior of the king who will reign over them."
If you read through Samuel the people were begging for a King to rule over them. God told Samuel to warn the people and if they persist give them what they ask for."Doesn't this sound familiar" Big Mistake Guys

Deuteronomy 17:
14 "When you come to the land which the LORD your God is giving you, and possess it and dwell in it, and say, 'I will set a king over me like all the nations that are around me,'
15 "you shall surely set a king over you whom the LORD your God chooses; one from among your brethren you shall set as king over you; you may not set a foreigner over you, who is not your brother.

The bible gives us clear direction on who to elect as our leader.

Wed Nov 07, 2012 9:00 pm
MMT Pro Member

Post Re: God & Government.
I too have dealt with my emotions and have, even on here, let them get the best of me and for that I apologize.

Once I backed myself off the ledge I found it comforting to think that at least we still have the freedom to complain, but most importantly the freedom to worship our Father openly.

Maybe we would all do well to read Acts and remember that a fair amount of that book was written under the rule of Nero.....

Thu Nov 08, 2012 10:03 pm
Reply to topic   [ 2 posts ]