It is currently Tue May 28, 2024 9:13 pm

Reply to topic  [ 3 posts ] 
 Casting Stones 
MMT Pro Member

Post Casting Stones
Today's scriptures
John 8:7
"If any one of you is without sin, let him be the first to throw a stone at her."
Gal6:4-5
Each one should test his own actions. Then he can take pride in himself, without comparing himself to somebody else, for each one should carry his own load.

Devotional
Did you ever have anyone point out your sin (something you did wrong, or did not want others to know about) by sharing it with others? Exposing another individual’s sin publicly is not acting in line with what the bible teaches. In our scripture, after Jesus said “let him be the first to throw a stone at her," he then began to write in the sand. Although we do not know what he wrote, some believe that he was revealing the sins of her accusers. The passage says they began to leave one at a time until only Jesus was left with her. He then said, “I do not condemn you either. Go on your way and from now on sin no more.” Not pointing fingers at her, but pointing to a new beginning Jesus says, “Go on your way.” It's “your way”; and your way is between you and God. When we stand before him on judgment day that’s the way it will be. Work out your own salvation with him. Pray that God will give you the self control to stay out of other peoples business thinking it is your responsibility to expose their sin, and leave that between them and God; and hopefully people will stay out of your business as well

Tue Nov 06, 2012 7:11 pm
MMT Sponsor

Post Re: Casting Stones
Well said Brad, I heard once "dont judge me because I sin differently than you". Very fitting

Tue Nov 06, 2012 7:28 pm
Profile WWW
MMT 1000 Club

Post Re: Casting Stones
I can reply on this. I had a very good friend explain this topic because of the things I was saying. I took it to heart and try to catch myself when I judge people. I'm far from perfect so I need to put myself in check quite often. Another example, I worked with a guy who really hated gay people and always complained about his gay brother in law. With this I told him; I agree it's wrong to be gay, but hating him doesn't make you right. These people will be judged for their actions as we will be judged for our own. I actually surprised myself with that one, since all the negative things I've said about gays in the past.

Mon Dec 03, 2012 7:05 pm
Reply to topic   [ 3 posts ]