It is currently Wed May 22, 2024 8:45 pm

Reply to topic  [ 6 posts ] 
 Autogateman 
MMT Super Elite Member

Post Autogateman
Since we hashed about half of this out in private and half of it out in public, I figured we should go ahead and settle this publicly...

We've had a few days to cool off over this and I feel like it's about time to squash it. I never had any hard feelings towards you and I hope you know that. Like I told you before, I have some real deep down feelings when it comes to this kinda stuff and I was trying to prove a point. I know my methods are rather harsh, but I hope you understood where I was coming from, at least to a certain degree.

I never thought you were a bad person, heck I think most of the members on this site are downright good people. Sinners or not, they are good people. I never held anything against you and the only reason I put you on blast is because you chose to put yourself out there in front. I applaud the way you handled yourself and I'm starting to believe that you are really making a change in your life to live a christian lifestyle. I don't think you were living it when you started on this forum and I don't think most of the others who are hiding behind it are living it either, but it doesn't take but 1 second for a man to change his life and if that is what you are doing, brother I wish you the best and I hope you can live it. I couldn't, or at least I didn't want to, never really tried honestly, but I will not knock you for giving it your best effort.

I still don't think this is the place for it. I still don't think religion is a good topic amongst friends. I still don't want to read a bunch of hypocrites talking about god every day when I check in on this forum, but I'll agree to ease up on it a bit and at least TRY to refrain from posting in your forum. I just hope you realize that I am not the only one who feels this way(not even real sure I'm in the minority as many that I've spoken with outside of here agree with what I'm saying. They think I'm being a jerk for no reason, but agree none the less), and, if it stays at the top, you are going to go through this a lot for no reason. The guys who have been arguing for the "christian" side have only made the "christians" here look extremely foolish and proved exactly what I have been trying to say over and over and over again.

If the rest of "them" continue to ride the fence, me or Paleo honestly shouldn't even have to be the one's calling them on it. Don't get me wrong, we're going to, but you should be right there with them, if not calling them on it, helping them to repent and teaching them what they are doing wrong and why they shouldn't do it again. I honestly feel that I have done more to help the people here who truly think they are christians than anything that has happened in the christian forum thus far (yes i have a big friggin head, shut up :lol: ), it's time for you to step in and show them what's up brother. Take their quotes, post them in your forum, call them out, let them know why it's wrong. If you don't want to talk about it publicly, at least call them out privately. Make them right it or quit riding the fence. You chose to step up and put yourself out there. Lets see what you're about brother cause it ain't gonna be easy. You chose to put yourself pretty deep on the other side and it is not going to be easy to talk about this stuff with these people. You thought I was a pain in the butt, wait till you start trying to help the folks who think this is what they are and just don't know any better. If this is the place you want to start changing things, I would like to see some of the fence riders dealt with and either stop calling themselves something they aren't or start making some changes to be what they say they are. If you aren't up to the task, then I honestly don't see the need for the subforum. You have to make that call though and I hope you see it through with whatever you decide on that.

Again, I know my methods were a little harsh, but I do hope you understand where I was coming from and ME and YOU can move past this. If you are what you say you are, I'm sure that won't be an issue. My dad has been yelling at me all week to shut up about it and it was not worth losing a friend over. I just kept telling him Rod will understand and we will move past this. I know I'm being a jerk, but we will move past it. I hope I was right...

Take it easy man, and good luck with your new found self. I wish you and your family the best and may god be with you always.

I love you brother,
Clay

Mon Jun 18, 2012 1:51 am
MMT Super Elite Member

Post Re: Autogateman
I just noticed something different about the forum...Lord have mercy!!!! Thank ya jesus!!!!!!! :lol: Thanks man. Like I said, I wish you the best and I hope we can move past this.

Mon Jun 18, 2012 1:53 am
MMT Elite Member

Post Re: Re: Autogateman

Mon Jun 18, 2012 3:02 am
MMT Sponsor

Clay,

I can tell you it took just as much courage to post what you just did as it took me to be a the front of this forum brother, and I commend you for that. Although this was never started for me to personally call anyone out, but more of a discussion forum, all Christians are to be held accountable to each other. One thing I have been praying for lately is for God to reveal to me the difference between things that are 'on my mind', and things that God is commanding me to do. One was pay a debt on work materials I never received, but couldnt prove that I was shorted, to forgive a debt that I was owed, and lastly , to start this forum. If we are obedient to God, ESPECIALLY if we are punished for it, our rewards will be great. I can promise you for every $125 pin puller customer I lose because of my beliefs, God will reward me 10x. The ones that are leading lives not in favor with God will deal with that with God, because He will eventually get to their heart concerning their actions. It took alot for me to not 'loose my cool', when all of this started. But if I had, this would have gone in a totally different direction. The motto at our church (its literally painted on the walls) is "Refuse to be offended". This tells us to stand up for our beliefs no matter what the cost. I still think youre a good dude Clay, and I REALLY pray this isnt your dad that just got a hold of your password :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: . jk. Once again, thank you for standing up and publicly apologozing.

Rod

Mon Jun 18, 2012 6:54 am
Profile WWW
MMT Elite Member

cb,

Sometimes, it takes a man recognizing he has been doing wrong to start doing right.

Many of today's devout Christians have come up from underneath rock bottom. That's because they are so far down all they can do is look up.

I will be the first to admit, I was never the most Holiest of people...especially in my twenties. I was a party like a rock-star, tail chasing...well...flat out sinner. Started growing up (a little) in my thirties. Now, in my forties, I am doing my dangest to live right. Am I perfect, heck no...NOBODY is perfect. I have said this in another post...the path to quitting an addiction, a temptation, or any other sin that has a grip on your life is not to try and do less of that sin....but to put more of God in your life.

Mon Jun 18, 2012 8:28 pm
MMT Pro Member

Post Autogateman
Yep I know the feeling Blueshamu

. I've spent half my life ranting and raving playing music in every bar room in at least three states, partying, drinking, and at least trying every drug known to man . You get to a point of being tired of being sick and tired!! Now I'm spending the other half making up for what I've done and who I've hurt.

Mon Jun 18, 2012 9:30 pm
Reply to topic   [ 6 posts ]