It is currently Wed May 15, 2024 12:30 am

Reply to topic  [ 4 posts ] 
 What's your purpose?  
MMT Pro Member

Post What's your purpose?
Today's scriptures
Luke 19:10
For the Son of Man came to seek and to save what was lost.

Devotional

Do you know your purpose, the reason for which you were created? If not, consider what Jesus' purpose was and imitate him. He was seeking and saving the lost. Discovering, your gifts, talents, interest and personality, may take some time and self examination. I have found that by staying active in my church and staying connected with strong Christian friends, discovering who I am is beginning to unravel easily. Eventually, people around us begin to recognize gifts and talents that perhaps we didn't know we had. Good brothers and sisters in the Lord will begin to encourage you to utilize your gifting. In time, you will begin to see how God intended you to use the gifts and talents he gave you to help other people. Above anything else, we are to be the love of the Lord on this earth. If you can be a living demonstration of the love of the Lord you will find your purpose.

Tue Jul 10, 2012 8:12 am
MMT 1000 Club

Post Re: What's your purpose?
As a 23 year and counting Deputy Sheriff I have a piece of paper with 'Philippians 4.13' written on it taped to my dash of my squad car. It is amazing as to how many people that have seen that and started a conversation about it. Its there for me but apparently not just for me. I have transported thousands of arrested people, inmates, stranded motorist, hitch hikers, homeless, hobos, runaways that have been both combative and easy going in my car. The paper is not that big and like I said I placed it there for me.
It is a reminder to me and others that no matter what the task at hand is or the situation we are currently in...that I can do anything through Christ.
It also reminds me that more people are looking, seeing and reading than we know.
Just like the piece of paper taped to my dash and this forum.

whats my purpose?

Wed Aug 22, 2012 7:13 am
MMT Pro Member

You thought that you put that scripture on your dash board for yourself, but the impact it will make on others will significant. Most if not all the people you transport are sick of who they are and tired of the situations they are in. I'm not stereotyping I've been there, drug addict , thief, lier, homeless, tired, worthless, etc. until one day someone who I didn't even know me took the time to share with me a promise that God the father will never leave me or forsake me. You just keep letting that scripture create opportunities for you to make a impact, and one day if not already, the one that was in the back of your cruiser that was sick and tired will be making a difference in someone else's life.

Mon Sep 10, 2012 5:20 pm
MMT 1000 Club

Mon Sep 10, 2012 7:39 pm
Reply to topic   [ 4 posts ]