It is currently Tue May 28, 2024 10:55 pm

Reply to topic  [ 1 post ] 
 Weekly Lesson - What Waypoints are in Your GPS? 
MMT Elite Member

Post Weekly Lesson - What Waypoints are in Your GPS?
I haven’t purchased a GPS for taking out on my boat, yet. I have a Tom-Tom in my truck that the touch screen needs recalibrating. I have a REALLY old Garmin somewhere around the house that I’ll probably find in the next move (which could be soon! :D ) I have a myriad of folded up satellite images stuffed in my tackle box. But, none of these will get me to where I ultimately want to be – Heaven! So, how do I get there?

Heaven is a real place. The apostle Paul reluctantly describes in 2 Corinthians 12:1-5 the “Third Heaven”

1 This boasting will do no good, but I must go on. I will reluctantly tell about visions and revelations from the Lord. 2 I was caught up to the third heaven fourteen years ago. Whether I was in my body or out of my body, I don’t know—only God knows. 3 Yes, only God knows whether I was in my body or outside my body. But I do know 4 that I was caught up to paradise and heard things so astounding that they cannot be expressed in words, things no human is allowed to tell.

Way back then, they considered the first heaven as what we see in the form of clouds and sky. The second heaven is what we see at night with the moon and stars. The “Third Heaven” is beyond that! So, the Kingdom of Heaven does exist.

So, how do we get there? There is only one path to Heaven – through Jesus Christ! In John 3, Jesus gave a few waypoints when he was talking to Nicodemus. Enter these into your GPS:

3 Jesus replied, “I tell you the truth, unless you are born again, you cannot see the Kingdom of God.”
13 No one has ever gone to heaven and returned. But the Son of Man has come down from heaven.
14 And as Moses lifted up the bronze snake on a pole in the wilderness, so the Son of Man must be lifted up, 15 so that everyone who believes in him will have eternal life.
16For God loved the world so much that he gave his one and only Son, so that everyone who believes in him will not perish but have eternal life.

John the Baptist supported these waypoints further in John 3 when he said:
36 And anyone who believes in God’s Son has eternal life.

So, don’t get lost in your life. Put Heaven as your final destination. Enter Jesus as your waypoint!

Wed Jul 25, 2012 9:13 am
Reply to topic   [ 1 post ]