It is currently Wed May 15, 2024 9:59 am

Reply to topic  [ 19 posts ] 
 semi-auto shotguns - winchester, browning, benelli 
MMT Pro Member

Post semi-auto shotguns - winchester, browning, benelli
i had a benelli sbeii that really gave me trouble. i sent it back & it still jammed; recently got rid of it & wanted any thoughts/experiences on the winchester sx3 & browning silver. i know benelli is about to come out w/ the venci, but they burned me bad w/ a lemon (i guess). also, browning is about to release the maxus, which replaces the gold & actually just looks like a modest improvement from the silver/sx3 (fn owns both browning & winchester). i haven't shot the beretta extrema2, but i didn't like how big it was / the fact that i grab the very rear pt of the forearm. use is 99% for ducks in south lousisiana. i'm leaning toward the maxus. any thoughts are appreciated. thx

Wed Mar 25, 2009 11:15 am
MMT Addict

Post Re: semi-auto shotguns - winchester, browning, benelli
Im about 5'8'' and just bought the new xtrema, i dident like the way it felt either because of grabbing the rear part of the forearm. just keep in mind that the stock comes stock with the largest shim on it. you can take about 4 inches off the stock and it'll probably fit perfect. i looked at the winchester and it seemed bigger than the xtrema2. also, realize thevy been in business for over 500yrs and their cust. sve. is 2nd to none.

Wed Mar 25, 2009 11:41 am
MMT 1000 Club

I boughta new sx3 before last season and I love it. We hunt in slat water and im very hard on equipment and still no rust on it. Its light and mine has never jammed even with shells that fell in the mud. hit a pouldeu swat and put 50 shells through it in less than 20 minutes and never jammed then. The extrema was a little too heavy for me because i use the gun to dove hunt and deer hunt too.

Wed Mar 25, 2009 12:34 pm
MMT Pro Member

i have the extrema and the sx3, i personally like how the extrema fits me, its a lil heavier and broader than the sx3, both are very nice guns, my g/f is the operator of the sx3 now (we thank white1 for that)

the thing i really like about the sx3 is the coating they put on the barrel, it wont rust and it looks nice.

best thing i can tell you is to pick up both guns and hold them on your shoulder to see what one feels the best, both guns are in the 1200 dollar range so that alone should tell you that they are both high end hunting shotguns.

Wed Mar 25, 2009 1:44 pm
MMT Addict

Wed Mar 25, 2009 2:24 pm
MMT Pro Member

sx3 is a nice gun i own a sx2 not much difference but that new browning auto looks pretty slick... what ever fits you and your wallet ....

Wed Mar 25, 2009 3:28 pm
MMT 1000 Club

Benelli's are intertia driven meaning you can't limp shoulder them. Thats a big reason they jam. Solution...be a grown man, grow a sack, and shoulder the gun like you aren't auditioning for clay aikens back up dancers.

Wed Mar 25, 2009 5:09 pm
MMT Addict

1840 gator tail with 35GTR
15xx Bateau with 15 honda

Wed Mar 25, 2009 6:12 pm
MMT Pro Member

I have an SX3 and love it. Have a friend with a Super Negro that was talking alot of smack because it was gas operated. I told him I would try to use it all season without cleaning it. Well I shot a case of shells out of it without cleaning this season and no jams.

Wed Mar 25, 2009 6:50 pm
MMT Pro Member

on the customer service/warranty, winchester actually doesn't have a written warranty. they say they'll take care of you for 3 years (i believe, maybe it's 5). browning told me the maxus will have a 5 yr warranty. beretta told me they had complaints about the stock being too long & they've shortened it w/ the '08 models. there's more adjustment w/ the model w/out kickoff & i believe only 1/2 inch w/ kick off. a good friend of mine had to send his brand new extema2 back, but it works great now & he loves it (more so than the browning gold he bought while the other was at the factory – though neither jam & he just thinks he shoots better w/ the exrema2).

i just want one that doesn't jam & fits fine. you'd think spending this much & you'd get that. i've been attacked by benelli fans, but i got a certified, proven lemon - it went back to the factory after the 1st season, had parts replaced & parts adjusted. i thought i was fine, but that damn mofo kept jamming. what a pos. anyone that don't believe me on my benelli lemon, i tell 'em put your money where your mouth is. i'm happy to prove it & take the money. thanks for the help/comments

Thu Mar 26, 2009 7:49 am
MMT Addict

Thu Mar 26, 2009 10:01 am
MMT Member

I thought Beretta was the only shotgun manufacturer...well at least for a good duck gun! Extrema 2 w/kickoff is the only gun I trust for chasin duck birds.

Thu Mar 26, 2009 11:19 am
MMT Addict

I had a SBE (not SBE2) I liked it, but shot like crap with it. I got an 870 to fill in when it got stolen. I replaced it with the SX3, and shot great with it, only issue I had was when the bastard blew up on the 6th shot and could have seriously injured my son had he listened to me 100% and got beside me for a backup shot instead of behind me like he did.

I feel that Winchester handled the situation wrong, not by not warrantying it, but telling me I was gonna have to pay for the barrel, so I told them go ahead I need my gun back, and 10 months later they still had it

1840 gator tail with 35GTR
15xx Bateau with 15 honda

Thu Mar 26, 2009 6:21 pm
MMT Pro Member

browning A5, nuff said!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thu Mar 26, 2009 9:13 pm
MMT Addict

Thu Mar 26, 2009 9:27 pm
MMT Elite Member

Check out the new bowning maxxus. This thing is bad ass!!

Thu Mar 26, 2009 9:27 pm
MMT Pro Member

Some people will never learn. I gave up on autos and pumps several years ago. I now shoot ether a Ruger Red Label or a Remington 3200. Yea, I know, they only shoot twice, but they shoot twice EVERY TIME!!!! ;)

Ether gun will shoot what ever I can cram in the barrels and come on guys, how many do you ACTUALLY kill with that third shot?

Just MHO :)

Fri Mar 27, 2009 6:09 am
MMT Pro Member

yeah, i've heard the arguement for the double barrel models, but i have found i use the third shot - especially when a big flock of teal come in. also on crips. i'm still enough of a meathead that if they've got it, i want the 3rd shot. i also want 3.5" shells - why not, i haven't had that many totally destroyed birds & have had some great far away shots. i feel like more birds just fold & fall shooting 3.5" shells. crap, i've thought of even getting a 10 gauge - maybe sp10 - but haven't (at least yet). i know i can get a semi that's reliable - how many years have they been at this & they charge an arm & a leg for these upper end models. lastly, how are you gonna get gansta w/ a double barrel??? :D :D :D

maxus is supposed to be out in june & i'm still leaning that way. warranty on all winchester & browning shotguns is 1 year for everything & 5 years for parts & workmanship - though they have none of this in writting for some lameass reason.

Fri Mar 27, 2009 7:38 am
MMT Elite Member

I just cannot get over how ugly all the new guns look hell I need a 12 pack just to go look at guns now

Fri Mar 27, 2009 10:06 am
Reply to topic   [ 19 posts ]