It is currently Tue May 14, 2024 2:40 pm

Reply to topic  [ 1 post ] 
 Rough timeline for Friday and Saturday 
MMT Super Elite Member

Post Rough timeline for Friday and Saturday
Friday will be kind of a free for all. I'm going to try to get our riding done early and get our trail mapped out. I plan on being at or near Crips from noon or so until dinner time to greet folks as they get in. When you show up, go ahead and get settled in at your cabins or wherever you're staying, then come on down to crips and say hello, get your boat in the water, come see me and grab your t-shirts, raffle tickets, etc. If you are new to the area, bring a gps and pick up a map at one of the local stores. I'm sure there will be some people familiar with the lake that will be around to take some small groups and show them the lake. Sometime in the evening, whoever is there and wanting to go will get together and make a trip to one of the local restaurants for dinner. Those who will be there early enough for lunch should bring something to eat, or check out johnsons or shady glade. I believe both will be open on Friday during the day. After dinner, there is a couple of local bars, and I'm sure there will be a decent group hanging around crips and more folks getting in at all hours.

Saturday, I'd like to have a captains meeting on shore at crips at 945. You should have your boat in the water and be ready to roll before the meeting. It kinda sucks that crips won't be serving breakfast this year, but those who make the run up to big pines should probably drive by car to make sure you are back in time. I'd also recommend getting there when they open. I plan on being there at 8 and leaving crips around 745 if anyone wants to tagalong with us.

Depending on how many boats we have, we may split into two groups, but we won't make that decision until we see the turnout in the morning. We will be heading out right after the meeting so please make sure you are there and ready to go.

We'll make a nice long trip up through the north end of the lake, and if time allows, hit a sand bar for a meet and greet before heading back to crips for lunch. We'll probably take the stops out of the run to try to keep everyone together a little better than we did last year.

Lunch will start around 1:00. We'll be having pulled pork sandwiches and chips. $5 a plate, please bring cash, small denominations preferable as change will be limited. We'll also have tickets for the drawing for sale, and should still have some extra T-shirts for sale for those who missed the preorder.

I'd say around 3:00, after everyone has had a chance to eat, refuel, and rest for a few minutes, we'll make the run over to Louisiana and hit onion island for the remainder of the afternoon. Make sure to bring your swim trunks, sunscreen, and plenty of liquid to keep hydrated!

I'd imagine a few small groups will break off from there and do a little riding, and the remainder will probably head back to camp around 7. Plan on dinner starting around 7:30. We'll be serving BBQ chicken, potato salad, beans, and whatever chips were leftover from lunch. $10 a plate. We'll also have tickets for the drawing, and any leftover t-shirts available at this time.

We'll do our drawing after things have settled down from dinner, and after that, find a cold beer, maybe some whiskey, and a place to hang out and enjoy the company of your new friends.

The band did not work out again this year (probably for the best anyway), so anyone who would like to bring a guitar and play a little something for us, please feel free to do so.

Make sure to bring plenty of sunscreen, bug spray, and fluids to keep you hydrated. It will be hot and there will be mosquitoes!

Look forward to seeing everyone there. Should be a great time!

Fri Jun 06, 2014 11:50 am
Reply to topic   [ 1 post ]