It is currently Tue May 14, 2024 1:24 pm

Reply to topic  [ 1 post ] 
 Afternoon Ride finally found everyone 
MMT Moderator

Post Afternoon Ride finally found everyone
We got a later start due to the packing and securing of cooking equipment before leaving the launch.

I had a friend there that just purchased a GTR show showed him so trails near the launch at Hugo. It turned out to be a great ride must have ran 45 miles I'll have to measure it.

We started at Hugo & went left north of 10 into Lost Lake out the cut that connects into the old River. We took that trail all the way up to lees gate. We tied off to a tree near lee's and sat for a few. It was at that time I pulled out my phone and checked my GPS location. Wow we had gone over lee's without ever noticing it! We ran back down old River to the pipeline crossing & went into Linda's narrows and then went and floated over Jac's Island. Saw some people bow fishing gar & carp.

Decided to go back through Linda's and then up over / through lee's gate. We ran into the trinity first time ever for me doing that which was cool.

We hit sulphur cut off the Trinity and ran into Charlotte didn't see anyone in there so went into the lake pass trail to lake miller. Finally we saw Collin leaving and a few others. One boat being towed out by a PD. the vegetation at the entrance seemed to be an issue towing through it. We ran some lilies at the entrance to miller and then ran all the way to the back and played more in the back ponds. Ran out of miller down lake pass and back down into the Trinity.

Apparently my buddy hit a tree and caused his Bps throttle leveler to malfunction or cause an issue with the carb. I couldn't get his boat over 2800 Rpm's. It was like something was preventing the carb from opening fully. Even messing with it manually it didn't want to open. It would rev up in neutral but had no travel or play in the linkage. I was able to get cable tightened back up enough to get him on a slow plane.

We ran back through the locks and into Hugo. It was a slow ride back from the I-10 bridge back to Hugo waiting on a 22mph boat that should be doing 29.. Hope the problem is easily fixed.

Had a great time cooking the crawfish. Sounds like everyone enjoyed them.

Sun Apr 26, 2015 8:06 am
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 1 post ]