It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 2:53 pm

Reply to topic  [ 9 posts ] 
 Tracker boats for the price. Need advice. 
MMT Member

Post Tracker boats for the price. Need advice.
I live in Springfield Mo where the main Bass Pro is. I looked at their Tracker Grizzly boats today. They have changed their design which Im sure everyone knows to longitudinal strainers or whatever you want to call them. They look like durable boats for the money. I had a go-devil boat before and I dented that boat all to crap in the ice. Anyway I need your thoughts on performance of a 17X54 grizzly with a PD or GT. I know that Gator-tail, Excel, etc.. are better for these motors, but I dont plan on putting the Tracker boat through all the swamps and cypress knees that the south holds. Is there any work that has to be done to make this boat with the mud motor work together.

Give me your thoughts everyone, I know some will have some bad things to say. Some of the water I will be in is 80-90 foot deep and at other times its inches deep. I just need the versatility and need to know the combination will work together before I buy it. I have limited funds, Im saving up for anestheisia-Nurse anethesist school.

Thanks everyone.

Sat Sep 25, 2010 8:40 pm
MMT Addict

Post Re: Tracker boats for the price. Need advice.
im think the grizzly boats are semi v which is not a good MM hull, did you check out the Marsh Hunter boats from Bass Pro? ive never heard anything about em and would be much better for a MM and i dont know what tha price is on them. do you have a surface drive or longtail? what HP?

Sun Sep 26, 2010 8:34 am
MMT Elite Member

I would strongly recomend NOT putting sd on a small light constructoin hull. we had a friend with a 14 mini on a light boat. It ran about 20 new but after his hull got dented and hooked up all it can do is cavitate.

(New Motor) viewtopic.php?f=5&t=54733

Stumps Fear Me

Sun Sep 26, 2010 8:37 am
MMT Sponsor

Not sure, but heard the Marsh Hunter boat line was discontinued. Havin seen one up close, I wouldn't get one, just my .02. Before I had a mud hull, I was runnin mine on a .80 G3 semi-v hull. Definately not the ideal rig, but it will work if all you plan to run is clear water / shallow water with clear bottom.
Just make sure the transom is strong enough to take the abuse. A mm is not like an outboard, it's gonna beat the hell outta the trans.

Killer Kallz & ANGLE PORT dealer
(409) 720-8949

Sun Sep 26, 2010 9:24 am
Profile WWW
MMT F.E.

My motor doesn't have docking assistance, it has REVERSE!

Sun Sep 26, 2010 10:32 am
Profile WWW
MMT Member

I run a 1860 Gizz. Mod V with a LT MB 23 Van. at 19.8 open water at 3900 rpms 9x5 Prop And Best 20.2 Both Checked by a Garmin GPS in my Shirt Pocket at the time.Stock Block.Mod's 32 mm Mukuni and a Custom Muffler's.Fast Shallow Running Hull will Draft in 3 1/2 inches of Water at a Dead Stop Mine is a 2006 Model No Floor About 100 Pounds Lighter than Model with Floor total Weight Me 250 Dog 98 LB. Gear Aprox.150. Aprox Total Weight Me Dog Gear Boat Battery Gas Ect.1200 LB.Love the Boat Mostly Run Shallow Water And Mud Hunting season.Elev. 3200 to 3400 Above Sea level Yes I Live In Utah that is Why I Run My Little MB.But it Get's me every Where I Want to go even with This Big A** Boat.Will Not trade it For Nothing Else.Oh I Run a 70 HP Merc.In the Summer for Fishing All Lake's and Resivoir's around Here At 34 to 35 MPH.Run's 3 to 4 foot Swell's like Nothing Just Buckin the White Cap's without a Worry.And I Have a 5 HP.Merc.4 Stroke Trolling Motor on it too.Also love the Inigrated Rail for Acc.Hope this Help's any Question's Just Ask.

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Wed Sep 29, 2010 12:08 am
MMT Pro Member

Wed Sep 29, 2010 8:50 am
MMT Addict

Thu Sep 30, 2010 5:37 pm
MMT Member

Yeh for Some reason it Runs Faster than my Custom Welded 17 48 Did. I Think the Wider Bottem displaces the Weight Better You Wouldnt think it Would but it runs 4- 5 MPH Faster on this Bigger Boat With Same Motor and Prop.And My 17 48 Only Weighd abot 400LB All 0.100. This is a 596 LB Hull.

Thu Sep 30, 2010 5:52 pm
Reply to topic   [ 9 posts ]