It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 10:17 am

Reply to topic  [ 3 posts ] 
 27 hp prodrive kawasaki repower ? 
MMT Member

Post 27 hp prodrive kawasaki repower ?
I am in need of a little help and have turned to you experts.
I have an older model 27 hp prodrive first gen and I have repowered the motor to a FX850V EFI 29.5 hp kawasaki. The repower process was not to bad and the motor runs like a top, however i'm only getting 3600 rpms as the ECU has limited the rev limiter.

I'm getting only 23 mph with a 16 foot Martinez skiff and I know this motor can do so much more.

Anybody have any ideas how to break into the ECU? I want to turn the rev limiter higher.

p.s.- i have searched the forum and have found multiple responses, but i can not find anything yet that says how to do it. Your help is much appreciated.

Thu Nov 18, 2021 3:10 pm
MMT 1000 Club

Post Re: 27 hp prodrive kawasaki repower ?
Thats why we all got the Carb'd kawi powerhead. I dont think anyone was able to tap into the ECU at the time.
I LOVED my kawi powered PD. Ran like a raped ape for over 600 hrs.

Tue Dec 14, 2021 12:45 pm
MMT 1000 Club

Post Re: 27 hp prodrive kawasaki repower ?
I don't get on the site much anymore, but to answer the question, no, it can't be done. We found a hack a long time ago that allowed the rpm range to be raised from 3600 to only 4000. That wasn't enough. Thus is why I decided to go with the FX1000V and put a mikuni on it. The other main factor is that after talking to several kawasaki reps, they had no intention of getting into the "mudmotor" market so not many "performance" parts are available. They pretty much had the ZTR market at their grasps and on a typical lawnmower, 3600 rpms is plenty. Thus is why only a few of us decided to go down this rabbit hole because everything we did was the first time. lots of trial and error to get it right.

Mon Dec 20, 2021 10:36 am
Reply to topic   [ 3 posts ]