It is currently Sun Jun 09, 2024 8:33 am

Reply to topic  [ 6 posts ] 
 PD new heads 
MMT 1000 Club

Post PD new heads
Got er out tonight after I put the new heads on. Had ta drill out the main jet 2 thousands ta get the gas right. Runnin good now.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZgYCf-WJ ... ata_player

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CfRmkGtS ... ata_player

Tue Jul 24, 2012 9:42 pm
MMT Elite Member

Post Re: PD new heads
Nice. How much performance gain do you notice?

Sent from my C771 using Tapatalk 2

I've never gone to Seminole for the amenities/luxury the two reasons I go down there are to kill shit and get fucked up with like minded individuals aka OG'S. If you want to swirl wine and stay in a room where politics and investment diversity are discussed (with no roaches) lake lanier is near Atlanta. If you wanna have an awesome time and maybe stay in a room where children were conceived on one side and someone got stabbed over an 8-ball on the other come on down I got a can of raid. :D

Wed Jul 25, 2012 7:02 am
MMT Elite Member

I may have missed an earlier thread but what heads did you go with?

Wed Jul 25, 2012 7:15 am
MMT 1000 Club

I didn't get any more speed with em but load carrying seems better. The compression went up from 150 to 165 psi.

Will- they're from Midwest Supercub. They are original stock Kohler heads for an 18hp that I transferred over the valves and rockers to from the heads that came on the motor. They just have a smaller combustion chamber for more compression. I may have them decked too yet.

Wed Jul 25, 2012 9:19 am
MMT Elite Member

oh you swapped them over without a deck/port/polish ? That should be next on the list. Did you have anything done to them? Midwest is to Kohler what SE Tx. and Calen are to Briggs.

I've never gone to Seminole for the amenities/luxury the two reasons I go down there are to kill shit and get fucked up with like minded individuals aka OG'S. If you want to swirl wine and stay in a room where politics and investment diversity are discussed (with no roaches) lake lanier is near Atlanta. If you wanna have an awesome time and maybe stay in a room where children were conceived on one side and someone got stabbed over an 8-ball on the other come on down I got a can of raid. :D

Thu Jul 26, 2012 6:17 pm
MMT 1000 Club

Ya JB, I just swapped the heads. I talked with Julian. He said the port and polish would be minimal gains. I also talked ta him bout longer 1.6 roller rockers. He said then I'd have ta get new valves and some kind a head work done and it would run me $500 just ta do that and I wouldn't see a lot a gains less I did the cam as well which I'm not sure I wanna go that far with er yet. Best fix is gonna be ta deck em next. If I can find a place ta get the P&P done local I may do that. After the deck if i can't find a local shop and I still ain't gettin what I want from em I'll send em out ta Julian ta P&P.

Fri Jul 27, 2012 6:55 am
Reply to topic   [ 6 posts ]