It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 6:32 am

Reply to topic  [ 375 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 10  Next
 Coronavirus discussion 
MMT 1000 Club

Post Coronavirus discussion
I’m gonna post this question on this forum. I’d like to hear people’s honest opinions on the Coronavirus situation. Real situation? Overblown info just to instill fear? Is the shutdown not enough, just right, or too much? If it’s too political, please just delete the post. Not trying to start any arguments. Just wondering how others feel about it!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thu Apr 16, 2020 8:53 pm
MMT 1000 Club

Post Re: Coronavirus discussion
I personally feel like it’s wayy over exaggerated.
Do I believe people are sick? Yes
Do I believe people are dying? Yes.
Do I think the news is instilling much more fear than it’s made out to be? Yes
I also believe the “numbers” of people dying are not just from the virus but they are being thrown in there.
I still have yet to know anyone who had the virus. Everything I hear of is just, “I know a guy who’s family member thinks they have it”.
I also think the vaccine everyone is hollering for, is bullshit and will Probably do more harm than good.

Just my $.02.

Thu Apr 16, 2020 9:45 pm
MMT 1000 Club

I believe it’s grossly overblown! I don’t know anyone with it, but I have friends that have had someone pass away from it, but there are so many variables. Did they have compromised immune systems? We’re they already sick with something else? I am not here to say that I have any answers, but there are a shit ton of questions in the mix.

Personally, my business is 100% affected from this mess. I could lose everything that I’ve busted my ass for for 20 years. Hopefully there are better days to come!

We will definitely have a new “normal.” I’m a very social person and I miss my friends so very much!!

Thu Apr 16, 2020 10:24 pm
Profile WWW
MMT 1000 Club

DIP, we’re friends on Facebook so you’ve probably seen my view on this already.
I agree with you. It’s wildly overblown.
I know people who have been infected. We have 11 positive cases in the plant I work at. One of those cases, the person died. He had numerous underlying health conditions.
I feel that this is hiding a lot. Why shut the country and economy down for something with a worldwide survival rate of around 95%? It makes no sense. Unless it was done more for other reasons than for “public safety”. Now, if you follow the lying ass news reports, the new thing is that we have to find a vaccine. Why? China is going back to “normal” without a vaccine. Why do we need one? Why is there talks of making it mandatory? Umm, no thanks. Not letting someone tell me I HAVE to get this shot.

Just my crazy opinion. Take it for whatever it is worth!

Fri Apr 17, 2020 1:35 am
MMT Pro Member

Seems like everybody I talk to understands this is a big overblown lie to generate panic and hysteria to destroy an economy in an attempt to defeat Trump. And yet I don't see the outrage being passed on to our govt officials in the same capacity. Democratic governors are clearly ruining people's lives and in cases like Cuomo and that bitch in MI, are killing people in order to fulfill their agenda of regaining power in the White House. Restricting Hydroxychloroquine clearly led to deaths in both those states and yet the people aren't outraged!!! Those ass clowns should be arrested for manslaughter and charged. Some Republican Governors aren't much better though. People need to start protesting and revolting. This thing is no worse than the flu. If we didn't have a vaccine for the flu, it would spread just as easily and WAY more people would die from it. Even as it stands right now, less people will die from CV than will die of the flu. The numbers being published are lies and are badly inflated. Are a few people dying? Sure. Just like people die every day of every year of flu, pneumonia, suicide, accidents, opioid abuse and many other causes and we don't destroy an economy over it.
As for the vaccine, by the time a vaccine is developed, it won't be necessary as the virus will have exposed nearly everyone in society and we will have generated a herd immunity without it. Dems want to keep everything locked down until we have a vaccine so the country is destroyed beyond repair.

Fri Apr 17, 2020 5:03 am
MMT 1000 Club

Sat Apr 18, 2020 5:09 am
MMT Elite Member

Funny thing about the stimulus money - the TV department at Walmart was cleaned
out like the toilet paper shelves were last month....

Wonder if those same big screen TV buyers will be in the food hardship lines next week....

Car dealers offering a 6 month deferment on new cars and taking over your old car payments
even if you are behind or upside down.... Seen lots of new cars with paper plates this last week too...

"It is good to have an end to journey toward; but
it is the journey that matters, in the end."

Sat Apr 18, 2020 6:53 am
MMT 1000 Club

Sat Apr 18, 2020 7:12 am
MMT 1000 Club

Sun Apr 19, 2020 7:16 am
MMT 1000 Club

Sun Apr 19, 2020 8:02 am
MMT 1000 Club

People die from the flu due to lack of proper treatment, or already very poor health conditions. People die from covid due to preexisting conditions that werent a major issue, and sometimes without any, whether they are getting treatment or not. People already have some immunity to the flu virus behavior. Thats not the case with covid.

Sensationalism in the media and governents or not, this is a far bigger disease than the flu. If everyone would've sucked it up annd stayed home for 3 weeks at the beginning instead of calling bullshit, life would be back to normal already and wouldve just had a small blip of interruption in their lives. Instead, were still having these discussions and dealing with whatever crap is happening all over.

I know personally 3 people dead from it. 2 were older (60+) and had underlying respiratory issues. The ventilator didnt help. The 3rd was 26 years old and a gym rat. And 4 more people with it that I've talked to on the phone while theyre in quarantine. 2 of them just have an escalation of chronic sinus issues where it's worse than normal, so no big. A third that has asthma attacks when he hasn't in 15 years, but again, manageable. The 4th is currently on a ventilator because pnemonia set in. He's doing fine-ish, but he's still got pnemonia and he isn't normally sick all the time. Any disease that kills people randomly and without commonality isn't just bullshit, but y'all have fun thinking it is. Overblown? Maybe, depending on your perspective, but I'll just sit my happy ass at home when i can and wait it out. The rest of the time, I'll be at work trying to do my job. Tell those people on ventilators to quit being babies.

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

Sun Apr 19, 2020 8:21 am
MMT Pro Member

Well I can give first hand knowledge of this. I tested positive three weeks ago. I was finally able to get a test on Saturday night by going to er. I was actually worse on Friday. Every time I tried to take a breath was like my lungs were 2/3 full already. I felt like I was half drunk at all times, kinda like out late and having to get up to go to work still buzzed. Dry cough, loss of taste and smell. Didn’t have a fever until that Saturday night. I had tried to get tested earlier in the week but health department said since I didn’t have fever I couldn’t take the test.

Said all that to say it took 72 hours to get my results back and by then I was almost over it. I’ve been free and clear for 2-1/2 weeks now. Do I think it’s over blown? Absolutely.

I saw a thing the other day that said pneumonia deaths are down 90%. The data is jacked up because now they have to cover their tracks for overblowing it. If I died of a heart attack today, I bet they’d attribute it to having corona. That study in California is interesting, up 85x as many people have had it and didn’t know it or just got over it. Now if that holds true we’re talking less than flu death rate.

Overblown, no doubt. Now I don’t want it again and when the vaccine comes out I’ll take it after it’s been out a few years.

We really need to cancel any debt owed to China over this.

50 Nissian on a 17' Lakesport.

Sun Apr 19, 2020 10:08 am
MMT 1000 Club

Sun Apr 19, 2020 10:19 am
MMT Addict

Here is a different take on it, I don't agree with all of it but I think the cat is out of the bag and we need to figure out a long term way of living with it.

An Act of War ~ Rex Reviews
https://youtu.be/eVSCR4uj5AY

Sun Apr 19, 2020 5:32 pm
MMT Pro Member

Russ and MNGunner, you need to stop drinking the Kool-aid. The numbers you're being fed by the media and politicians for that matter are outright lies. Death numbers are being wildly inflated. Hospitals(at the direction of the CDC supposedly) are telling their staff to label EVERY death as a COVID related death, regardless of whether they have the disease or not. This is to ensure they get federal money to help them during this crisis. Additionally, there is a recent study out of Stanford which shows a SIGNIFICANTLY higher number of individuals who were infected with the virus and never even manifested symptoms of the disease at 50x-85x higher than what was originally believed. Between the higher number of infected and recovered individuals and the truly lower death numbers, this puts the true mortality rate of the disease at somewhere in the .1-.2% range which is comparable to the flu AND THERE IS A VACCINE FOR THE FLU! Lockdowns have had absolutely NO IMPACT on the spread of the virus. Compare states and countries who have not locked down with those that have. The curves are the same. The only difference is that lives and businesses have been destroyed in the states that locked down. Staying home WILL NOT STOP THE SPREAD! You can hide in your basement if you want, but eventually, you will be exposed. Originally, the rationale for the lockdowns were to "flatten" the curve and elongate it. Now that the politicians are realizing their numbers and models were drastically wrong, they're trying to save face by spinning it and claiming that the lockdowns are the reason for the lower death numbers. This is wildly false and any M.D. with half a brain and no political agenda will confirm it. Even in NY, despite the lying and whining by that moron Cuomo, hospitals have not been overrun with patients. The auxiliary hospitals that were built for them along with the hospital ship sat unused.

Is this an aggressive virus? Yes, in some ways it is. BUT, 99% of those being affected to the point of needing ventilator support have been elderly with pre-morbid conditions. People die EVERY DAY. I don't see the country shutting down for Opioid-related deaths which far outnumber what we will see from COVID. I could go on but I don't have time right now. You might wanna start getting your "news" from somewhere else though.

Mon Apr 20, 2020 5:03 am
MMT 1000 Club

Mon Apr 20, 2020 6:08 am
MMT Pro Member

Mon Apr 20, 2020 3:51 pm
MMT 1000 Club

wife had it in feb. do I think it's real, yes. way overblown, yes.

do I think them mfers shoulda killed the economy over this? absolutely not. big political hoax and not constitutional in my opinion.

if people ain't smart enough to stay at home they need to let nature take it's course.

I haven't missed a day of work, and don't qualify for a stimulas check, so fork all you people at home spending my tax money!!!!!!!! lol

Tue Apr 21, 2020 7:52 pm
MMT 1000 Club

Poor planning on individual responsibility be it business or personal seems to be the bigger threat.

Now run out and finance that 24k mud rig and while your at it, that 60k diesel. ;)

Wed Apr 22, 2020 8:18 am
MMT Elite Member

Interesting numbers/demographics.

Posted on another forum couple days ago. I haven’t fact checked it. But, I can say with certainty, I checked the CDC numbers the other day, nearly half of all COVID deaths were from New York and New Jersey.

I don’t think we have a Coronavirus problem....We have a New York and New Jersey problem.....followed by Illinois, Massachusetts, California.....you get the picture.

Sent from the ISS using Tapatalk.

Tue May 12, 2020 8:47 pm
MMT Elite Member

Heard we must have found a cure for diabetes, high blood pressure, obesity, old age and several other conditions. Only stating this because there has been a sudden drop in death rates for all of the above since January.

Tue May 12, 2020 8:49 pm
MMT 1000 Club

Clear evidence elected officials are putting politics over our own personal well-being. We should have been back open.

Tue May 12, 2020 8:50 pm
Profile WWW
MMT Super Elite Member

Welll, I'll be damned. Other rational voices do exist on MMT.

“Wisdom is not just expertise. It is knowing how much of various areas of expertise you need to know in order to make the decisions that the world needs and that you want to do,” Columbia University President Lee Bollinger.

Tue May 12, 2020 9:34 pm
Profile WWW
MMT Pro Member

This has been purely political from the outset. Anyone with half a brain could have seen that. The death numbers in liberal states are manufactured by libtard governors and hospital administrators massaging the numbers and making every death, regardless of cause, a COVID-related death. The numbers aren't really that high but they want you to think they are because it generates fear and hysteria and supports their destruction of the economy which is what they really want. It's really quite sinister and evil and time for the American people to rise up and start a revolution.

Wed May 13, 2020 8:05 am
MMT Super Elite Member

“Wisdom is not just expertise. It is knowing how much of various areas of expertise you need to know in order to make the decisions that the world needs and that you want to do,” Columbia University President Lee Bollinger.

Wed May 13, 2020 9:08 am
Profile WWW
MMT 1000 Club

Personally I feel both sides of government are failing people right now. It’s frustrating to me. I’m at the point in my life where I don’t trust anyone who is a politician until proven otherwise.

Wed May 13, 2020 9:23 am
Profile WWW
MMT 1000 Club

Wed May 13, 2020 9:38 am
MMT 1000 Club

Wed May 13, 2020 10:56 am
MMT Elite Member

It’s a global problem that is being capitalized upon from a political standpoint.

Agreed, population densities are a contributing factor. But, from social media postings....not MSM reports....it is being fear-mongered beyond belief.

Wed May 13, 2020 11:02 am
MMT 1000 Club

Wed May 13, 2020 11:07 am
MMT 1000 Club

I can’t stand politicians

Wed May 13, 2020 12:44 pm
Profile WWW
MMT Pro Member

Facts are boys... the truth is buried under so much bullshit we will never find it. Just like everything in this world if someone can twist it to work for their advantage they will do it. Who ever said they trust no one is a wise man. Folks outside of my inner circle have to earn my trust.

Wed May 13, 2020 2:52 pm
MMT Pro Member

Thu May 14, 2020 5:58 am
MMT Pro Member

Thu May 14, 2020 6:09 am
MMT Super Elite Member

Thu May 14, 2020 8:22 am
Profile WWW
MMT Pro Member

No, actually it's 100% true and is a perfect example of why you should get your "facts" elsewhere. Stop watching BSNBC and the Corrupt News Network. There is not one shred of credible, reputable scientific evidence to suggest that HC is not safe or effective. Stop drinking the Kool-aid. The government(i.e. FDA, CDC, NIH) which are run by big pharma don't want the public to know this or use it because it is inexpensive and no longer has a patent. They can't make money on it so they would rather push new drugs like Remdisivir which has NO TRACK RECORD and appears to be statistically LESS EFFECTIVE than HC. How's it feel to be one of the sheeple????

Fri May 15, 2020 7:40 am
MMT Super Elite Member

Fri May 15, 2020 8:11 am
Profile WWW
MMT Pro Member

You're right, I live in a world of reality instead of one of delusion like you.

Fri May 15, 2020 3:18 pm
MMT 1000 Club

Fri May 15, 2020 5:57 pm
MMT Pro Member

Well, if you read the discussion, you'd see that dguidry did what every libtard does when someone introduces facts and evidence into the discussion. He turns it into a "race" argument which is completely absurd, particularly since it has ABSOLUTELY NOTHING to do with the argument at hand. But that's what they do when they have NOTHING, which is ALWAYS!

Sat May 16, 2020 7:14 am
Reply to topic   [ 375 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 10  Next