It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 9:45 am

Reply to topic  [ 3 posts ] 
 Throttle cable help 
MMT Member

Post Throttle cable help
So ive got an 09 GTR35 with a single 42mm mikuni carb and remote steer. The original owner put a yamaha outboard remote kit on it (steering wheel, throttle, gear shifter, ignition). The gear shifter is irrelevant theres just a switch on the dash to go from neutral to forward and a pedal on the floor for reverse. So basically just the throttle and ignition are being used from the quadrant. Everything "works" but the problem is the throttle is a push instead of a pull. They made some adjustments to make it work on the carb but after it gets hot a few times the throttle cable will push the carb out of the intake boot. Basically leaving the carb hanging from the fuel line and throttle cable. After its been pushed out once the boot will never hold it in again no matter how tight the clamp is. I find myself replacing the boot 2 or 3 times a year which is getting old. Not to mention zip tying the carb onto the motor after it falls out to get back to the ramp. Ive tried adjusting the throttle cable so it doesnt go out so far but im out of adjustment and the stroke of the yamaha throttle is just too long.

Anyway what im asking is where would i go to buy the right throttle cable and lever? And i'll also probably have to get a new ignition and key beings the way it is now is all tied together. Gator Tail tells me the carb isnt factory so there no help.

Wed Jun 09, 2021 9:48 am
MMT 1000 Club

Post Re: Throttle cable help
First, get the thick industrial zip ties for your carb, and run an X around your carb. Regardless of the throttle cable, those boots eventuall wear out.

Second, since GT wasn't a help, check with prodrive, prodigy boats, gatortrax and see what they have/suggest for throttle levers or cables for center console. Also possible that Will at Texas Mud Motors or Marcus at Bayou Surface Drives could help you out there, too.

#CFFITR
#mudmotor>physics

Wed Jun 09, 2021 1:32 pm
MMT Pro Member

Post Re: Throttle cable help
if you want to change to pull a pivot will need to be added,without knowing your skill set it could be a gravy lick or a nightmare but any fab shop should be able to help

Sat Jun 12, 2021 5:20 pm
Reply to topic   [ 3 posts ]