It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 5:13 pm

Reply to topic  [ 3 posts ] 
 RPM 
MMT Pro Member

Post RPM
Hi, looking for professional opinions.
Kohler CH25S, on a Godevil long tail rig. and a 16.4 aluminum boat. Ron Hill prop.
Before the "maintenance" I was able to get 20 miles ph 1 person and the hunting gear.
17mph, 2 persons and gear.
Before the duck season started I Replace the Ignition coils because the cables were in bad shape.
New spark plugs
Repair the carburetor with all the O rings and gaskets on the kit (also cleaning )
Oil and filter.
Now the engine is not getting full RPMs, therefore no full power, do not start right away like before, sometimes backfire when shut off.
I took it to a mechanic, and the diagnostic was that even when the carb was rebuilt and cleaned it was time to replace it.
I already ordered a (Chinese one) carb.
Any opinions will be appreciated.

Sat Nov 27, 2021 2:54 pm
MMT Pro Member

Post Re: RPM
Not a professional by any means, but what’s your current RPMs after all that work? Do you think your possibly running on one cylinder? Have you tried running the motor, then pulling the spark plug boot on each cylinder to see? Did you start with fresh fuel?

I would drop the new carb on if you’ve already ordered it, start with fresh gas and make sure your tank was vented. Go through and tighten all fuel hose connections to rule out air in the lines, make sure there are no kinks in fuel hose etc. If your still having issues I would try pulling the boots while running to rule out an issue with the coils/wiring/dead cylinder.

Sun Nov 28, 2021 5:30 am
MMT Pro Member

Post Re: RPM
After checking everything I ordered the original Kohler ignition coils, problem solved.
The original carb was repaired and the Chinese new one works the same.
The problem was that the "aftermarket right replacement ignition coils", do not have enough electrical power to work under load.
Now the motor and boat are working like before.

Sun Jan 02, 2022 3:11 pm
Reply to topic   [ 3 posts ]