It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 7:19 am

Reply to topic  [ 5 posts ] 
 Longtail running deep- options 
MMT Addict

Post Longtail running deep- options
Have a 1648 seaark that is riding pretty deep. Only has a 15" transom and im drafting roughly 8-9". My 27GDLT is wanting to run deep due to the angle of the cav plate from the motor sitting low. What are my options? Build up transom? Pods? re weld cav plate? Transom shim? My trim tab is already bent down about 45 degrees with no improvement.

Ive read on here that a 72" longtail shaft works well on a 15" transom, but how deep are those boats drafting?

Mon Jul 29, 2019 12:02 pm
MMT Pro Member

Post Re: Longtail running deep- options
Maybe I’m misunderstanding your post, but shouldn’t you be bending the cav plate UP to create lift, or are you talking about a tab on the hull?

72inch shaft is for a short transom, is your unit for a short transom?

Can you post a pic of the cavitation plate? I’d start with the easy stuff first. The go devil owners manual includes the procedure to dial it in, it’s on their website in PDF.

Mon Jul 29, 2019 2:46 pm
MMT Addict

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Tue Jul 30, 2019 6:09 am
MMT Pro Member

Maybe try to shim the mount up to see if it improves - put a 2x2 under the mount, see if you can still get the bolts to grab the transom. If it works you can build up the transom permanently with tubing. I’d try something easy like that before you go all out with pods or cutting off the cav plate.

Tue Jul 30, 2019 12:31 pm
MMT Addict

i thought about that one as well, have to measure to see looking at the pictures i might be able to get away with 1" at most:

20190730_203137.jpg

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Wed Jul 31, 2019 9:20 am
Reply to topic   [ 5 posts ]