It is currently Thu May 16, 2024 1:09 pm

Reply to topic  [ 3 posts ] 
 Love keeps no record of wrong 
MMT Pro Member

Post Love keeps no record of wrong
1 Corinthians 13:4,5
Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud. It is not rude, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it (love) keeps no record of wrongs.

I am so glad that God doesn't keep a record of wrongs after I ask him for forgiveness and truly turn away from the sin that I have committed. He wants me to overcome struggles that I have and he is helping me in many ways to do so. But what about us? Do you keep an account of the “wrongs” someone does to you? Are you constantly judging people by the way they “use to” behave, or are you truly giving those in your life an opportunity to demonstrate to you that they have changed? Keeping no record of wrongs is a very difficult thing to do, nonetheless that is what God has done for us, and he expects us to do the same with others. Do not confuse keeping a record of wrongs with being able to trust someone; here is where you need discernment. Trust once broken, must be earned back, and this is using wisdom. Allowing someone to earn that trust back is “not keeping account of wrongs”. Who in your life deserves the opportunity to earn your trust back and have you wiped away the record of their wrongdoings that you are keeping? Ask God to show you who those people are, and ask him for his grace to forgive them and work on rebuilding the trust in your relationships. We have been forgiven much by God, pray and ask God to show you how to love by forgiving others as well.

Fri Sep 07, 2012 3:39 pm
MMT Addict

Post Re: Love keeps no record of wrong
well put

Fri Sep 07, 2012 3:44 pm
MMT Elite Member

Post Re: Love keeps no record of wrong
One of my new favorite lines...and I have to tell myself this quite often...

"Let it go."

Sat Sep 08, 2012 10:18 am
Reply to topic   [ 3 posts ]